Reporting to the Head of Client Accounting, this role will support, guide and advise a small team of six in the Client Accounting department. You will assist with the implementation of systems and procedures to enable the smooth and efficient handling of all the department processes and ensure all deadlines are met.
The client are a well-established property management company with a modern head office based in Salisbury, supporting 7 Regional Offices throughout the UK.
Established in 1990, the company services 30,000+ homes and employs 110+ staff. Clients include the top 10 developers in the UK as well as a range of freehold investment, RMC & RTM clients.
Being an employee of this company means being an employee of one of the fastest growing property services groups in the UK with opportunities for personal and professional growth across our teams.
- Manage the employees responsible for all client accounting matters (all aspects including budgeting, treasury management, service charge, purchase ledger, billings and credit control)
- Assist with the development of procedures and controls to improve the responsiveness, timeliness and accuracy of all outputs of the department.
- Promote the department as a key business partner to the property management team.
- Work closely with external business partners (contractors, external auditors, solicitors and accountants) to maintain a consistently high standard of service to clients
- Provide KPI's and reporting for the Head of Client Accounting.
- Provide a high level of customer service to clients, ensuring that the department can respond quickly and accurately to all client and lessee queries and provide accurate reporting on the management of their records.
- Motivate and develop the team members, provide training, development and performance review plans when required.
- Support, guide and advise the Client Accounting team on the daily processes ensuring all timeframes are met.
- Provide training and advice to the Team, where necessary.
- Carry out annual appraisals with direct-line reports.
- Sound knowledge of Accounts and relevant legislation/guidance.
- Achieved an accounting qualification (ACCA or ACA preferred)
- Experience of the support services (Treasury/Purchase/Sales/Credit Control)
- Minimum two year's experience of managing/mentoring a team.
- Clear and concise communication, both verbal and written.
- Use of Microsoft packages, including Word, Advance Excel and Outlook.
- Exceptional organisational skills and ability to work to deadlines.
- An effective team player.
- Methodical and a good eye to detail.
- A "can do" and "right first time" attitude
They provide competitive salaries, a competitive benefits package and a supportive, friendly working environment for their staff.
They actively promote and assist their teams in further training, apprenticeships, qualifications and have a strong ethos of promotion from within.