Pensions Audit Manager (Part time)
This Big 4 firm is looking for an Audit Manager to manage and deliver pensions audit engagements from planning through to completion.
Big 4 firm, Northern Home Counties.
The Northern Home Counties offices of this Big 4 firm containes the firm's Centre of Excellence for pension's audit. The team, led by a Director and supported by 1 other Director and 3 managers, is responsible for the audit of c.70 pension schemes. Schemes include defined benefit, defined contribution, hybrid and earmarked pension schemes, typically with assets up to £500million.
As an Audit Manager you will manage and deliver pensions audit engagements from planning through to completion.
The role will require proficiency in UK GAAP and the Pensions SORP. You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, working with Trustees and scheme administrators, briefing the audit team, including other specialists, monitoring budgets and supervising the audit process. This will include:
- To manage a portfolio of pensions audit engagements, overseeing in-charge and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and firm requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of high quality audit engagements
- Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, firm and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
- Providing coaching and guidance to both on- and off-shore staff working on your engagements
- Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements
- Assist with business development opportunities. This would involve initial meetings, preparing proposal documents and presenting at pitches.
There will be opportunity and encouragement for additional responsibilities outside this day to day role, such as assisting with pensions-specific training courses for in-charges and audit assistants, involvement in local client events and taking on a performance manager role.
- Time and exam Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA or country equivalent
- Sound working knowledge of UK GAAP and the Pensions SORP
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word
- Recent and significant experience as a Manager in an audit capacity within a medium/large accountancy firm
- Current experience of accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS and UK standards
- Significant audit experience for pension schemes preferred
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- This is a part time position (c.21 hours per week). The hours can be split over 3, 4 or 5 working days per week
- This is an office based role (although there is some flexibility allowing working from home).