Head of Finance
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a start-up/SME Head of Finance to join a £10m T/O technology business in London experiencing over 100% YoY growth in a number 1 role. The role will build out a finance function, implement processes, controls, and systems, operate internationally, and drive growth towards an IPO.
My client is a £10m T/O technology business operating internationally with a strong presence in the US, UK, and Australia. With strong software partnerships and a growing blue chip client base they have experienced in excess of 100% YoY growth and have a strong sales pipeline. They boast strong parent company backing and are ultimately targeting growth towards an IPO in 3-5 years.
As the Head of Finance in this technology business you will report to the CEO in London and be tasked with building the finance function globally, driving performance reporting, and supporting growth, as well as having the long-term IPO target. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Short term: develop robust processes and controls to deliver accurate reporting (including transactional management), manage an international team of 2 and grow the team, develop strong relationships with senior management;
- Medium term: improve management information reporting, support pricing and contract negotiation; develop analysis on client/region/product performance;
- Long term: drive growth across the organisation and target the IPO project.
As a strong applicant for this Head of Finance position you will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with a strong academic profile;
- Demonstrate a track record of SME/start-up roles and be comfortable with process design and implementation;
- Show a commercial focus in your work and show an ability to drive growth and manage costs;
- Ideally have worked in an international environment, similarly exposure to a SAAS environment is advantageous;
- Be comfortable working with senior management (particularly at C-suite level) and have a clear ability to develop a business partnering culture.
The offer to the successful applicant will be between £80,000-£90,000 + benefits (including bonus and IPO related incentives).