The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Groups statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
The Retail Ireland Financial Control team takes lead responsibility in ensuring that financial information is delivered to senior stakeholders across the Division on a timely basis, and to high standards of accuracy.
Purpose of the Role
Working closely with the Commercial Partner team, our role is to ensure there is a continued focus on service excellence by providing commercially insightful analysis of the Division's financial performance. This role offers excellent opportunity to interact and work with both senior finance stakeholders and the Commercial Partner team.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- To assist in the production and delivery of high quality financial and management reports analysing divisional performance for presentation to senior stakeholders within the Division and Group.
- To undertake appropriate review of all financial reports at a divisional level ensuring that the appropriate supporting detail is in place to substantiate the final balances for external/internal reporting.
- To liaise with colleagues in Financial Control, Accounting Services and the Commercial Partnering teams to ensure collaboration, communication and resolution of issues in a timely and efficient manner;
- To ensure compliance with all Group and Business Unit controls and standards by ensuring all applicable compliance, regulatory and audit policies and guidelines are adhered to;
- To be a flexible team member by sharing knowledge and supporting continuous improvement initiatives to deliver process efficiencies, improve quality of work and create best-in-class processes and procedures;
- To support the Senior Financial Controller by providing financial and analytical support for on-going business initiatives and ad-hoc requests as required;
- To take personal responsibility for your own continuous development by broadening and developing your skills and capabilities.
- To participate in the delivery of final subsidiary statutory financial statements/regulatory returns and facilitate the audit process
What is the opportunity?
The role is a stimulating and diverse one, where the role holder has the opportunity to provide commercially insightful analysis of financial performance. This role offers excellent opportunity to interact and work with both senior finance stakeholders and the business partner team. The role will give great exposure to a wide range of banking activities, and covers assisting with the production, review and analysis of high quality financial and management reports.
A qualified accountant, with relevant Finance experience
Essential Skills & Experience
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work on own initiative and manage competing priorities to tight reporting deadlines;
- Flexible team player who will promote and implement continuous improvement initiatives across the team;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to positively influence and work collaboratively with key stakeholders;
- Ability to resolve issues, challenge and make decisions independently within own area of responsibility, or in conjunction with others, in a positive and constructive way; strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of BCS and SAP R/3
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Closing date: Mar 05, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.