Responsible for the complete and accurate recording of all operating expenses and payroll for the Group.
Mentoring and coaching staff working and developing an effective working relationship with key functions, including Accounts Payable and HR.
Market leading automotive retailer with an international group presence.
Main Duties include
- Coach and mentor the OPEX Assistant Accountant
- Responsible for the complete and accurate recording of the monthly operating expenses and payroll for the Group (184 branches)
- Complete postings and undertake Opex review with FP&A team on Working Day (WD) 3-4 and post identified adjustments before period close on WD4
- To ensure the associated balance sheet accounts and analyses are correctly stated at month end, including but not limited to: Prepayments, Control accounts (rent, insurance, service charge, payroll etc) Accruals
- Ensure monthly balance sheet reconciliations are completed on time and reconciling items investigated and resolved monthly
- Appropriate evidence maintained to support period end balances
- Compliance with internal control requirements as governed by Canadian SOX (52-109)
- Develop effective working relationships with other teams, including: Accounts payable, HR, IT, Fleet and Property
- Review current processes and activity timing and be pro-active in proposing and implementing improvements to maximise efficiency and time at month end for analysis
The ideal candidate will be ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified / senior part qualified with several years' experience in industry, preferably within a PLC/Group environment.
What you'll need to succeed
- Energetic with a "can do" attitude and a pro-active solution driven approach
- Ability to communicate effectively with all key stakeholders
- Self-aware and able to make commercially sound decisions
- Full understanding of & articulate with double entry to explain accounting concepts
- Knowledge of FRS 102 & IFRS
- Experience of managing team members through month-end close, to tight deadlines
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel to manage, manipulate and analyse large volumes of data
- Able to review and understand complex spreadsheets to ensure completeness and accuracy of the result and data set
- Able to operate effectively under pressure with an organised approach to meet multiple competing deadlines
The full time permanent position offers a competetive salry and benefits including:
- Online employee discount scheme including big discounts to local cinemas, theme park attractions, major retailers and much more
- Healthcare cash plan
- Company pension
- Internal Development Programmes
- Career progression