Senior Accountant, Norwich
Location: Norwich (Head Office)
Closing date: Feb. 22, 2019
An exciting job opportunity has arisen for a Senior Accountant based within the busy Finance department at our head office in Norwich.
We are seeking a qualified accountancy professional with mixed experience across practice and corporate environments, excellent communication and commercial skills and advanced Excel knowledge alongside a strong understanding of the effective use of accounting systems.
The self–motivated individual will be responsible for implementing and maintaining a strong programme of control and governance, detailing clear roles/responsibilities and ownership for each activity to ensure successful completion of all projects and controls.
In addition, this role will undertake ad hoc analysis work for the Finance function documenting and outlining solution designs to support finance–related processes and controls. Please include evidence of this in your application.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Group Financial Controller on a variety of ongoing projects encompassing a broad spectrum of finance activity, as well as the continuing development of the Finance function itself. The ability to communicate with stakeholders on all levels, including financial details and performance to a non–financial audience, is extremely important.
The key areas of focus for the role will include:
- Support both the Finance and wider business teams in financial risk management, governance and control–related activities in line with the Finance development programme.
- Ongoing team support building relationships and improving collaboration within Finance teams, demonstrating clear understanding of interactions, performance and associated risks. Assist the teams with ad–hoc requests such as audits, cost reviews and trend analysis.
- To work with other members of Finance to standardise and streamline current processes to enable consistent reporting.
- Develop and maintain direct relationships with commercial teams providing ongoing customer financial analysis and support.
- Formulate financial analysis to support operational and corporate initiatives and decision making to support new strategies and business opportunities.
- Continuous improvement of reporting, including use of dashboards, data mining and other reporting tools with an aim to reduce the use of spreadsheets and improve consistency and accuracy of financial information throughout the organisation.
- Providing sales and margin analysis (data analysis, assisting with budget preparation and other tasks as required by senior management).
Salary and benefits
- Up to GBP50,000 dependent on experience, alongside bonus potential of GBP5,000 per annum
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Archant Gold matched charity fundraising
- Give as You Earn tax–free charity giving scheme
Please include in the supporting text with your application, experience/examples convincing us of your pro–activity, curiosity, interest and execution of new initiatives and improvements.
Very shortly after receiving your CV, if we are interested we will call you to understand why you believe you have all the right attributes and are perfect to be shortlisted for interview, so please be prepared and look forward to this phone call. All applications and enquiries will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
To apply, please click the ''apply via website'' button.