SF Group have been mandated to find a strong Financial Controller for an international automotive engineering/manufacturing company based in the Worcester area.
Reporting into the Managing Director, the successful candidate will thrive in an SME environment and able to run the financial side of a growing business in this hands–on role.
• Produce monthly accounts and have complete ownership of the company balance sheet (especially stock and WIP).
• Manage a small team in accounts department and stock
• Manage relationship with UK banks and finance providers, managing treasury and exchange rate exposure
• Ensure compliance in respect of VAT, statutory deductions, taxation and other reporting
• Arrange and prepare for annual audit
• Manage employment documentation in respect of employees, particularly new starters
• Process weekly and monthly payrolls and associated procedures including management of pension schemes
• Produce annual budget and cash forecasts
• Overseeing of overseas subsidiary company
• Support sales team with finance solutions for customers
• Ad hoc tasks to support MD and requests from parent company.
• Fully qualified, ideally originally from practice background
• Strong experience of project accounting, accounting for long term WIP, revenue recongnition
• Comfortable working in SME environment, able to work independently
• Hands–on mentality
• Knowledge of SAGE Line 50 and payroll packages (Sage 50 forecasting would be an advantage)
• Strong Excel knowledge and experience of MRP systems
• Knowledge of international Trade Finance, including letters of credit and bank guarantees preferable