Accountant (Part or Fully Qualified)
Accountant (Part or fully Qualified)
GBP35,000 + Package
Are you looking for a new challenge within a fast paced, innovative and award–winning manufacturing organisation?
Thriving subsidiary (GBP50m+ turnover) of a large market–leading group have a newly created opportunity for a Part Qualified / Fully Qualified Accountant. Reporting to the Head of Finance for the site you will enjoy an extremely varied and key role.
Your remit will include:
- Month end (accruals and prepayments, journals, balance sheet reconciliation)
- Overhead analysis and reporting, working with budget holders to provide insight around spend and cost management
- Fixed assets
- Working capital / cashflow forecasting
- Assisting with budgeting processes and elements of group reporting
- Support the Head of Finance locally to review and instil robust financial controls across the site finance team
- Mentor and manage a team of 3 (across transactional finance areas).
This would be a superb opportunity for a confident and assertive Part or newly qualified accountant to join a growing, profitable and professional group. You will enjoy involvement in a range of continuous improvement projects alongside the business as usual elements of the role. There is plenty of scope for development and career progression for the right individual.
You will need:
- Previous experience in a financial accounting / management accounting position (ideally within a manufacturing setting although this is not an absolute prerequisite)
- Confident analytical skills and ability to use Excel.
- A collaborative approach and an ability to work as part of a team.
- Confidence and keenness to work closely with non finance colleagues across the business (in operational and commercial areas)
- A firm foundation of core accounting skills and knowledge
Full study support will be provided if required. This is a business with a superb track record of employee engagement, staff retention and promoting from within. You will enjoy a varied, challenging and developing role under the guidance of a highly supportive Head of Finance.