Financial Accounting and Advisory Services - Revenue Accounting Manager
- Full time
FAAS (Financial Accounting & Advisory Services) FAAS is the fastest growing department in Grant Thornton. Our team has grown from 12 to 160 over the last 5 years. We provide solutions to accounting challenges faced by large and complex multinationals. Our FAAS department operates across 4 key service lines as per the below
- Business process outsourcing
- Effective financial reporting
- Audit and accounting advisory
- Global compliance and reporting solutions
The characteristics of the target client base we are selling to are as follows:
- Complex clients and group structures;
- Technically demanding;
- Driving efficiency and change;
- Looking for value;
- Want a single point of contact ;
- Sophisticated procurement processes; and
- Often SEC regulated.
The service delivery therefore demands a combination of rigorous project management with clear communication protocols, technical excellence and a deep knowledge of shared service centre operating environments.
The successful candidate will assist in projects relating to revenue recognition to include revenue control, forecasting, reporting and reconciliations and be responsible for a portfolio of projects and recognise revenues across for our clients.
Projects to which you may be assigned will include some or all of the following key responsibilities:
- Reviewing revenue contracts for complex arrangements to identify non standard clauses and multiple performance obligations so as to determine the most appropriate accounting treatment in accordance with US GAAP or IFRS
- For month and quarter close, make amendments to revenue resulting from the contract reviews
- Update financial systems with contractual arrangements with clients, staff deployment on projects and deliverables achieved.
- Preparation of the monthly revenue report comparing actual revenue versus forecast with supporting explanations and calculations for variances.
- Performing reconciliations of contracts and revenues recognised.
- Liaising with the billing team regarding unbilled revenue balances.
- Assisting in the creation of monthly reports (forecast, backlog, utilisation), including insightful commentary.
- Identify and quantify adjustments required between the group revenue reporting and that required for statutory entities.
- Assist in internal and external audit queries on revenue recognition
- Ensure revenue is recognised within SOX guidelines i.e. relevant controls, documentation, signoff, and filing are in place.
Experience, Skills and attributes:
- Three - five years’ accounting experience applying US GAAP or IFRS revenue recognition guidance, preferably in the software or technology industry
- Qualified Accountant, ACA/ACCA preferred
- B technical knowledge of ASC 606 and IFRS 15
- Energy, enthusiasm and passion for a new challenge.
- Big four accounting firm experience would be an asset
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with an absolute dedication to accuracy.
- Knowledge/Experience of SOX environment an advantage
- Oracle/ SAP/ NetSuite Financials experience preferable with good knowledge/experience with MS Excel
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.