International Tax Manager
36 Hours p/w
If you have exceptional international tax experience, strong commercial knowledge and a positive and robust approach, we’d love you to keep on reading.
About the Team
Our Tax team play a crucial role in ensuring the business pay the correct amount of tax across all our business areas and ensuring Tax compliance in a range of tax areas including corporate tax, employment tax, VAT and customs.
As the International Tax Manager you will be responsible for monitoring and partnering our franchise, Next Sourcing and entities in Germany, Russia, China and India. You’ll also play a pivotal role in a range of projects including Brexit planning, HR and Payroll and international franchise initiatives.
About the Role
- Take on a senior role in our internal Tax team and be responsible for the management and control of all our international tax procedures and compliance.
- Ensure the business is compliant and following all national and international laws and work alongside external advisors to manage local country tax audits.
- Provide expert advice on all international projects for the business, engaging with and managing external tax advisors to review and document any uncertain tax positions.
- Support reporting processes and controls across the business, undertaking detailed technical research and offering tax guidance for business proposals and contract reviews.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with a range of overseas tax authorities to help the business formulate and document an any new tax processes relating to the international markets and communicate all relevant tax information to various key stakeholders across the business.
- Previous experience in a similar role either within an accounting firm or in-house tax function ideally with experience of supporting or working within a large multinational retailer.
- Fully ACA and or CTA qualified with a broad experience of finance and tax technology.
- Excellent project management skills in order to keep projects to deadlines and engage with a variety of people.
- Strong awareness of other taxes such as employment and indirect taxes. Experience with corporate tax accounting would be a benefit but not essential.
- Ability to use your tax experience and commercial understanding to constructively challenge processes and procedures.
- Clear and persuasive communicator with the ability to share complex tax information with a range of levels and employees across the business.
- Company Car
- Management Share Options
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- Possible Relocation Package
- Accommodation or Transport costs
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.