EMEA Tax Accountant
Who are we?
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on SnapChat or send your images on Instagram, you get a great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
The EMEA Tax Expert or European Tax Accountant is responsible for ensuring compliance with all tax deadlines and laws in respect of allocated entities/jurisdictions. While the role is compliance focused, you will also obtain a lot of exposure to tax planning, structuring, M&A and tax projects working with the European Tax Manager and overseas tax teams.
What will your job look like?
- You will be responsible for handling tax-related matters with scope covering all taxes – corporate, VAT, employment taxes and all other taxes arising in each jurisdiction
- You will also be responsible for providing input and advice to other departments for all tax related matters including finance and accounting teams, HR, treasury, legal etc.
- You will assist the European Tax Manager in reviewing annual tax provision calculation and disclosures for inclusion in statutory accounts.
- You will act as initial liaison with Payroll and HR departments for tax / social security related queries (Salary, benefits, share options, overseas employees, contractors vs employees)
- You will prepare and file stock option return forms.
- You will form part of a team of European Tax Accountants based in Dublin, reporting to the European Tax Manager also in Dublin. Overall the team is responsible for approximately 60 entities in 30 jurisdictions.
- You will ensure all compliance deadlines are identified and adhered to for all taxes.
- You will prepare and submit annual corporate tax returns in conjunction with local advisors in various jurisdictions.
- You will ensure proper supporting files are prepared to support all tax returns
- You will calculate and ensure timely payment of taxes and liaise with local advisers where applicable and finance departments to make necessary payments.You will liaise
- You will assist the European Tax Manager in reviewing quarterly tax packs for purposes of tax provisioning and FIN 48 reporting to HQ for SEC reporting.
- You will assist with tax audits.
- You will prepare necessary foreign VAT reclaims
- You will prepare and file PAYE settlement agreements (UK) and payment of taxes in this regard.
- You will review forms P11D in conjunction with the payroll department.
- You will generally assist in all other tax aspects arising within the group across all taxes. This will include tax planning opportunities, group reorganisations and rationalisation, group financing, transfer pricing, WHT, efficient use of FTC’s and maximising DTR position etc
All you need is...
- Good experience in Irish Corporation Tax, VAT and employment taxes is essential.
- Qualified ACA / AITI with a broad base in tax.
- Knowledge of other European tax regimes will also be considered advantageous.
- Good communication skills and the ability to liaise with other non-tax professionals
- Ability to work in a dynamic high performance environment.
- Some minimal travel may be required.
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting systems would be an advantage
Why you will love this job:
You will join a truly global company in a role with international exposure.
You will gain knowledge in tax practices across the EMEA region.
The position covers a wide range of responsibilities and scope in a dynamic and fast paced environment thereby offering unique learning experiences.