Region Compensation & Benefits Manager
The Region Compensation and Benefits Manager manages a team to ensure market-based pay structures and benefits plans are competitive and are designed and managed to attract, motivate, and retain employees. He/She designs and implements UPS compensation programs (e.g., sales, management, non-management, etc.) and monitors market trends in supported countries. This position performs job pricing, salary administration, and comparative analysis, determines area differentials, and administers employee incentives. He/She interacts with the UPS Corporate Compensation Group on design changes and administration of executive programs (i.e., stock options, deferred compensation, and long-term incentives). This position maintains data, and produces reports for compensation and benefits plans. He/She designs and administers compensation plans and manages compensation program compliance with international laws and regulations.
- Acts as key Project Manager for APAC C&B Projects.
- To ensure completion of projects within the timeline that has been set.
- Designs communication strategies.
Conducts and Manages Benefits Administration
- Interacts with external vendors to ensure employee information is processed accurately and within established deadlines.
- Troubleshoots benefits issues and interacts with internal resources to gain resolution in a timely manner.
- Analyzes employee data to perform data comparisons, move employees among benefits plans, and resolve benefits eligibility issues.
- Assists with relocation processes to answer questions and to document and communicate decisions.
Designs International Compensation Plans
- Collects market data and conducts job evaluations to develop job pricing in accordance with applicable company and regulatory requirements and to maintain awareness of market trends and issues.
- Designs compensation plans and develops competitive salary structures in compliance with local laws and regulations to support business needs and ensure market competitiveness.
- Assists with the design and development of sales compensation plans and supplemental pay programs to support business units.
- Administers executive programs (e.g., stock options, deferred compensation, long-term incentives, etc.) to meet UPS and HR objectives.
Manages Compensation Plan & HR System Administration
- Provides consistent and timely information to managers and employees to communicate benefit and compensation plan changes within established deadlines.
- Conducts cost analysis with UPS Corporate Compensation to propose plan changes to HR and UPS senior management.
- Utilizes and manages Employee Services tools to track benefits.
Oversees Benefits Enrollment and Claims Resolution
- Works with plan administrator or insurance carriers to resolve benefits deduction and claims issues for employees.
- Oversees the processes to document and communicate benefits and claims decisions to ensure communications are complete, accurate, and timely.
- Conducts benefits plan and Benefits Service Center training to educate UPS departments on plan features and support.
- Manages enrollment processes to help employees enroll correctly and on time.
- Ensure that the regional mobility administration of expatriate packages, benefits, and perquisites adheres to Global mobility policies, standards and procedures.
- Manages vendor who will provide Mobility Operations Administration. Assignment offer documentation, Assignment Briefings, Immigration & Relocation services coordination. Tax & Medical services administration.
- Serves as the role of "advisor", being a central point of contact for assignees at each stage on assignment.
Job Specific Competencies
Applies Database Knowledge
- Demonstrates some advanced knowledge of database design principles; works with users to define requirements with minimal oversight from others; defines user rights; describes security measures, such as passwords, firewalls, and access rights based on user requirements; describes information organization, such as classes, links, records, and fields.
Applies Information Systems Knowledge
- Demonstrates an understanding of the strategy, structures, processes and procedures of the enterprise in its relationship with the business and its activities; identifies business representatives affected by information systems with some assistance.
Benefits, Retirement, and/or Healthcare Knowledge
- Demonstrates complex knowledge of benefit programs; acts as a liaison between providers and employees to resolve common issues or concerns; solicits feedback from employees to identify desired program options or features; evaluates employee use of selected programs; independently determines root causes of problems encountered while administering programs.
Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Knowledge
- Applies knowledge of agencies' functions and regulations to compliance and enforcement activities; identifies routine situations where the organization may be out of compliance as well as the specific impacts of non-compliance.
- Routinely addresses problems involving global business needs; applies cultural sensitivity when making decisions on business issues; recommends changes in the way business is conducted in different countries or geographical regions; recognizes and pursues opportunities for advanced cultural awareness.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Human Resources Management or related fields.
- Extensive knowledge of Compensation and Benefits programs, requirements and trends across the APAC Region.
- 8 - 10 years of management experience in Compensation and Benefits within a multinational environment, with prior experience in APAC region (both developed and emerging markets).
- Ability to effectively communicate about Compensation and Benefits programs that supports fast-paced decision-making and positive participant experience.
- Project and change management experience in a complex environment.
- At least 5 years of successful people management experience with motivational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and able to work well with people of all levels.
- Creative, self-starter, highly motivated with exceptional analytical, multi-tasking, and problem-solving abilities.
- Possess business acumen and the ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Results-oriented, highly organized and able to drive and influence internal and external stakeholders.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.