Procurement Analyst (Singapore based)
The General Commodities Procurement Specialist supports various business units, functions as well as internal Procurement team and is responsible for providing analytical support for process improvement and cost savings initiatives. He/She conducts data collection, analysis/reporting, supplier qualification and measurement efforts for various commodities. The Procurement Specialist also prepares forecasts and analyzes economic trends. He/She provides supplier performance information as requested and needed for strategic sourcing initiatives. This position may also develop and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers. He/she generally handles non-complex support and follow-on. This position assists in the writing and distribution of Requests for Proposals and Requests for Information and may be a contributing member of a contract administration team. The General Commodities Procurement Specialist generally reports to a Country / District General Commodities Procurement Supervisor.
Conducts Economic Research and Analysis
- Conducts data collection and analysis (i.e., internal spend, market data, bid analysis optimization, value analysis, cost / price, etc.) and supplier qualification and measurement efforts to control costs.
- Performs economic research and prepares analyses (e.g., negotiable spend, supplier financial analysis, Total Cost of Ownership, financial models, etc.) to identify qualified suppliers and evaluate supplier reliability.
- Acts as Procurement’s primary contact for outside procurement research and benchmarking organizations (e.g., Corporate Executive Board, CAPS, ISM, etc.) to ensure that the resources of these organizations are effectively utilized.
- Supports Commodity Managers in assisting with Requests for Information (RFIs), Request for Proposals (RFPs), financial and performance clauses, metrics, terms, and rebates/penalties to ensure the best bid among various suppliers.
- Contributes to the development of category implementation plans and Purchasing Activity Review Committee (PARCO) documentation to ensure continuous improvement of processes.
- Conducts post-implementation analysis to identify problems. Assists in the development of fact-based negotiation strategies to obtain the best value.
Assists in Policy Development and Enforcement
- Assists in the development of economic policies to improve the strategic sourcing process. Supports and enforces Procurement policies, Sarbanes-Oxley, supplier Diversity policy, and all other audit and regulated procurement requirements to ensure compliance.
- Researches existing and new legislation and recommend internal policy changes or advise management staff when action is necessary.
- Uses Procurement Technology to Generate Reports and Provide Impact Analysis
- Gathers and organizes data for analysis.
- Develops complex spreadsheets, documents, reports, and presentations utilizing ORACLE database, MS Office Suite, Excel spreadsheet, and e-procurement tools.
- Analyzes data to make recommendations for process improvements and to provide impact analysis for new projects.
- Assists with special projects (e.g., e-procurement systems, etc.) as needed to provide support.
Assists in Acquisition Management
- Acts as a point of contact, under supervision, for the business aspects of transactions to ensure they are carried out appropriately.
- Acts as a point of contact, under supervision, with suppliers and manages supplier performance to ensure compliance with contracts.
- Assists with negotiations to ensure final agreement is reached and recommend contract execution.
Assists in supplier Management
- Coordinates supplier Business Reviews to maintain business relationships with strategic global suppliers.
- Provides supplier scorecard ratings relating to key performance indicators (KPI) to manage the suppliers overall departmental relationship.
- Actively monitors and benchmarks the marketplace to ensure that suppliers are providing world class services and remain price competitive.
Supports Departments with Systems and Applications
- Provides training to support new and updated products and systems.
- Solves problems related to deployed projects to ensure resolution of issues or defects.
- Coordinates new projects to provide impact analysis and report impact of project.
- Communicates with departments within UPS to communicate the technical benefits of new systems.
- Provides database management, i.e. creates tables, queries and reports, to enhance processes.
- Creates and designs websites, forms and system generated workflows to enhance processes.
- Maintains suite of applications to manage Procurement contracts, purchases, supplier performance and sourcing.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent is preferred
- 2 years of procurement experience preferred
- Strong communication and negotiation skills preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Conversational English required, Mandarin and Malay preferred
- Familiar with sourcing tool preferred
- Familiar with MS office software
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.