Treasury Accountant & Banking Team Leader
I'm currently recruiting a Treasury Accountant & Banking Team Leader for a leading Ftse 100 client in Carephilly. This is an initial 9 month assignment starting ASAP.
My client is a Ftse 100 business based in Caerphilly.
The Treasury Accountant & Banking Team leader plays a key role in this organisation. You will be required to develop strong relationships across the wider Finance function based at the Shared Service Centre and at Head Office, whist having line management responsibility. You will be expected to gain a good understanding of the business processes at each site across UK and in some cases where necessary, identify potential improvements to current activities and processes.
All activities are required to be compliant with established controls and procedures in order to meet reporting deadlines and requirements. Single day travel to London will be required on a bi-monthly basis .
Line management of two employees, and monitoring banking processes and working to ensure processes are operating efficiently.
- Liaise with Treasury Systems Manager over banking system changes, also liaising with key banking system providers.
- Ensure Treasury activities are completed on timely basis to meet internal and external deadline
- Control all financial and management accounting relating to treasury items (month end and year end), including intercompany accounting and reconciliations
- Ensure Treasury activities are completed on a timely basis to meet deadlines, and identify areas of improvement
- Maintain and extend the organisations TMS (IT2) and accounting system (SAP and HFM)
- Manage all aspects of the Group's hedge accounting process (interest rate, FX and commodity) including review of initial hedge set up and associated documentation through to effectiveness testing and ultimate reporting to management of the overall cash position.Liaise with auditors and internal customers on matters relating to treasury and hedge accounting
- Keep up to date with changes to accounting standards and regulations (in particular IFRS 9) and ensure the organisation is well prepared
- Ensure activities are completed on timely basis to meet reporting deadlines
- Identify areas of improvement to facilitate a smarter close process
Holds a professional accountancy qualification ACA, ACCA or CIMA (Part Qualified accountants with relevant experience will be considered)
- Experience of working in a busy environment, providing accounting/reporting services to tight deadlines
- Worked independently to prepare monthly reports and analysis
- Flexible worker who can pick up and complete ad-hoc tasks when required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A competent computer user with experience of using Microsoft Office software
- Ability to produce work to an excellent standard, paying meticulous attention to detail at all times
- Treasury transaction knowledge is essential - AMCT qualification would be desirable
- Experience of working in a Shared Service Centre environment desirable
- Exposure to Hyperion/HFM consolidation/reporting desirable
- Knowledge of SAP desirable
A competitive salary
- Initial 9 month Contract on the payroll of the organisation
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
- Annual cycle to work scheme