Interim Head of Finance
We are currently working with a District Authority based in the South East of England who are looking for an Interim Head of Finance for a period of 12 months to manage and lead the Council's finance service whilst acting as the Deputy to the Council's S151 Officer.
The Council is looking for an exceptional candidate who has previously had experience of managing budgets in excess of GBP20m and has previously taken on strategic responsibilities for MTFS and TMS.
Main responsibilities will include;
- Leading on the closure of accounts
- Providing financial advice and support to members and officers
- Provide accounting and financial input to the council's initiative, plans & projects
- Ensure that the council complies with all statutory and other requirement in the areas of financial management, control and reporting
- Managing a team of approx.12 staff
You must have previous and recent experience of working within local government finance with exceptional technical abilities.
To be considered for this role, you must be CCAB qualified.
For further information and a confidential chat, please contact or