This role is within an Internal Audit team to perform audit and other reviews. They gather relevant evidence and form conclusions to give assurance to the Board that the arrangements in place to manage risks to the Group's assets, and to its customers, are adequate and appropriate.
My client is a leader in the financial services industry in the heart of Cardiff. They are looking for a candidate with good analytical and problem solving skills and with an ability to identify process improvement opportunities. A candidate who can clarify objectives, aims and timescales to deliver the required outcome and who can build and develop strong relationships with peers and the leadership team.
Performance of Internal Audits:
- Involving planning the assignment
- Discussion with colleagues and evaluation of key risk and controls
- Recording of evidence and conclusions
- Creating a report and monitoring completion of recommended management actions
The successful candidate will:
- Working in a role that requires risk management and business process/controls is desirable
- Have at least 2 years relevant experience within a Finance or investment environment.
- Practical experience of Internal or external audit is desirable
- Be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of staff throughout the business and prepared to actively participate in meetings.
- Be able to work independently or as part of a team, while planning and prioritising tasks.
If successful you will have a wide range of benefits including:
- A competitive salary and a generous pension scheme
- Life assurance,
- Discretionary performance related bonuses
- Paid overtime
- Discounts on a huge range of high street stores