Collaborate with an ambitious Finance Director to add value to the business via strategic input and process improvement
Business partner from the factory floor right through the business to senior stakeholders
My client is a high growth SME that has plans to grow in line with a strategic plan. The FD is looking for this role to be a key part of building and adapting the plan to ensure the business continues to go from strength to strength.
This business manufactures a variety of products for a niche sector and is looking to develop into multiple other sectors in the future. With innovative Portable products and a focus on quality of its products and services, this is a business with a very bright future.
The main duties in this role will be :-
* Work closely on the commercial strategy alongside the FD to ensure continued Growth
* Step up to take control of the finance department in the FD's absence
* Business partner across the business to add value and improve processes
Managing staff and supervising day to day accounts processing.
* Preparation of monthly management accounts.
* Preparation of the monthly MI and reporting pack including variance analysis and KPIs.
* Day to day cash flow management and reporting.
* Preparation of annual financial budgets and monthly flexed budgets.
* Working capital management.
* Working with the commercial team, you will assist with commercial matters such as pricing, cost negotiation and project management.
* Overseeing the preparation of VAT and Intrastat returns
* Managing payroll processing and PAYE.
* Development of the financial reporting systems and internal control procedures.
* Strategies to improve gross margin opportunities and cost reduction measures.
* Preparation of annual financial reports.
* Liaising with the auditors.
* Managing Company Secretarial matters.
The ideal candidate will be :-
* Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
* At least 2 years at FC level in a similar business
* Relevant sector experience
* Good ERP systems experience and in particular G/L and stock control
* Hands on and prepared to roll your sleeves up.
* Proven track record of performance reporting and producing management and statutory financial statements.
* Advanced Excel user and proficient in other MS Office products.
* Proactive and self-motivated with excellent system skills.
* Good staff management skills
On offer is the opportunity to have a real impact and input into where the business goes strategically, while also improving internal processes.
My client is keen to secure a solid, hands on manufacturing financial controller that will play a pivitol say in developing the future of this fantastic SME
The role is paying a base salary of between £40,000 - £50,000 pa, offers a great culture and the chance to learn and develop your career with a highly engaging, motivated and ambitious Finance Director.