My client is currently looking to recruit for a bookkeeper, on a permanent basis, hours of work are 37.5 hours.
The suitable candidate must display the ability to use own initiative ensuring accuracy and attention to detail.
* Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
* Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct day book, suppliers ledger, customer ledger and general ledger.
* Bring the books to the trial balance stage, Accurate Monthly P & L.
* Perform partial checks of the posting process.
* Complete tax/ VAT forms, Intrastat Forms
* Enter data, maintain records and launch reports, financial statements and chase payments
* Process accounts receivable/payable and handle payroll/pension in a timely manner
* Report to MD and Board. Prepare and Issue monthly management reports. Prepare Yearly Accounts. Prepare and oversee month end procedures.
* Manage accounts related phone calls and correspondence (e–mail, letters, packages etc.)
* Update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data
* Monitor stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary
* Assist MD and colleagues whenever necessary. Communicate with auditors.
* Record and Monitor Cash flow, Bank Reconciliation. Banking, including communication. Manage Mail.
* Set up Supplier Payments for Authorisation.
* Petty Cash, Expenses duties.
* Ensure regulatory deadlines are met,
* Proven bookkeeping experience
* Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
* Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
* Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
* Hands–on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software. Good knowledge of ERP Software.
* Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
High degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Ability to work to deadlines. This is a hands on role