Finance Manager - Pensions and Treasury
Finance Manager – Pensions and Treasury
Salary GBP45,873.00 – GBP58,677
Are you an ambitious and exciting Finance Professional seeking a new opportunity?
Enfield Council is one of London's leading local authorities combining a diverse and modern suburban location with excellent travel links into Central London and neighbouring counties. Consistently putting our residents at the heart of our operations, Enfield sets the benchmark in ensuring we provide best–in–class services to our local community. Our finance department is central in this endeavour. We consolidated our finance functions from across the local authority into a single Finance, Exchequer and Data Hub to promote modern and professional working practices two years ago. This Hub covers four finance teams:
- Capital and Projects (Capital/Asset accounting and Projects including the market leading Meridian Water Programme)
- Budget Challenge (All services including Children's and Environments)
- Corporate Finance
More recently we have restructured our Corporate Finance Function and one of the long standing members of our team is shortly taking up a new opportunity. As a result of this restructure, Enfield is now seeking a new Head of Service for Corporate Finance and two Finance Managers leading on Financial Accounting and VAT and Pensions and Treasury.
Key responsibilities for the roles:
Finance Manager, Pensions and Treasury
- Production of Treasury Management Strategy and quarterly monitoring and reporting and provision of treasury advice and guidance to senior officers.
- Heads up the day to day treasury management operations with oversight of daily dealing and effective cashflow management.
- Provision of pensions investment advice and guidance supported by the Council's external advisors.
- Working with the Head of Service and external advisors to ensure the Pension Policy & Investment Committee and Board are fully supported with reports being produced on time and of first class quality.
- Production of the Pensions Fund Annual Report including the statutory accounts.
The successful candidates will be:
CCAB accredited, you will use your excellent interpersonal and communication skills to provide leadership to your dedicated team. With proven finance experience working within Local Authorities, you will use your knowledge to liaise and convince influential stakeholders to drive through continuous institutional change.
If you would like to know more about these roles please contact our designated recruitment partner, Penna. Your contact will be Matthew Lees:
- Submit CV and Covering Letter advising which post you are applying for.
- Our consultants at Penna will be in touch to arrange a preliminary telephone interview.
- Should you pass client sift, you will be invited to complete an online assessment prior to final panel interview. Interviews to take place W/C 25 March & W/C 1 April.
Closing Date: Midnight Sunday 10 th March