Accountant - Part Time (24 hours)
Join our Family!
Founded in 1989, C.E. Floyd Company is a mid–sized general contractor / construction management company with offices in Bedford, MA and Middletown, CT.
We provide construction management services to institutional and commercial clients in the private sector for educational, senior living, hospitality, healthcare/biotech and commercial markets in the New England area.
If you'd like to work for a strong company, with a great culture where you'll learn a lot and you also get excited about the challenges you need to solve, please read on.
About the job,
We're looking for a part–time (24 hours) Accountant with 4+ years of accounting experience to join our finance/accounting team in Bedford, MA. Position reports to the Controller.
Here's what you'll do,
- Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of monthly out– of– state sales and use tax filings
- Responsible for researching sales and use tax regulations and reviewing regulations with Project Managers as needed
- Review sales and use tax amount included in estimates for accuracy
- Develop a process to improve banking efficiency (i.e., wires, deposits, etc.)
- Update and manage monthly receivables including Prime Contract Change Orders
- Assist the Director of Estimating with the review and tracking of preconstruction costs
- Assist Controller with forecast (i.e., updating backlog schedule, etc.)
- Review completed jobs and ensure jobs are properly closed out on a timely basis
- Perform miscellaneous accounting/analytical tasks as needed
- Assist with month end close and annual audit as needed
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Back up to Accounts Payable and Payroll
- Assist with ad hoc projects
What required skills and qualifications should you have?
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or concentration preferred
- Experience in construction industry preferred
- 4+ years of related accounting experience
- CT Sales and Use tax experience preferred **If you have this experience, Please indicate in your brief cover letter or resume where you have this experience.
- Must be a team player
- Must be detail oriented, accurate, and provide solid audit trail
- Must be able to prioritize, multi task, and complete deliverables in a timely manner
- Must possess strong organizational and excellent communication skills and work independently
- Strong Excel skills required
Does this sound like you? If yes, we want to hear from you!
Competitive compensation, health/dental insurance, FSA, vision, life/short and long–term disability insurance, 401k plan as well as PTO allowance offered
References and background screen conducted.
How do you apply?
Send your resume and brief cover letter to
Please include a phone number and personal email so we may contact you if needed.
Relocation is not available / Please, No agencies or phone calls at this time