Financial Reporting Manager
The Financial Reporting Manager plays a pivotal role in the accounting function of the loans product offering, managing the daily operational based loan accounting to trial balance, including month end procedures of the accounts in preparation for the Financial Controller to review.
118 118 Money is a significant financial services business offering personal finance to customers who may find it hard to get credit from their banks, but don’t want to go down the route of a payday loan. Founded in 2013, 118 118 Money came to shake up the traditional UK financial services industry with their unsecured personal loan product and has now launched a credit card product in April 2018.
Key responsibilities will include daily procedures; ensuring that the LMS system balances and bank accounts are monitored and reconciled daily. All suspense accounting is managed and queries are followed up and cleared by the Philippines team in a timely manner.
Monthly responsibilities will include accrual / prepayment management, reconciling and resolving reporting issues, including taking all the accounts to a trial balance finalized position.
This role will report directly to the Financial Controller and will have strong links to senior leadership, the business (internal / external), operations and finance teams globally. The role will need to be detailed oriented, possess strong communication skills and be able to work closely with the accounting and operations teams both locally and in the Philippines. The role will work closely with the credit card accounting team sharing the same set of books.
- Ensure all transactional client / bank reconciliations are completed on a daily basis and balance
- Management of the accounting team in the Philippines ensuring the key responsibilities are met by team on a daily basis and month end timetables are delivered.
- Management / Review of the balance sheet accounts and reconciliations, including suspense account management and review.
- Preparation/management of monthly management accounts including both financial and non-financial data.
- Facilitate the resolution of outstanding reconciling items between the Accounting team with LMS and reports from business operations.
- Ensure compliance with local statutory regulations (IFRS)
- Ensure loan provision for losses is booked under IFRS 9 and US GAAP
- Full Madison CF Statutory audit with annual/quarterly audits and filings
- Testing new systems and automation of new processes, systems and products.
- Ad hoc requests
- Work with business/functional leaders to identify and recommend opportunities that drive process automation and optimization
- Experience working in a Finance position within a fast-paced business environment or an audit role within a professional firm.
- Good technical IFRS accounting knowledge
- Qualified accountant in ACA/ACCA /CIMA.
- Experience and comfort working with the senior finance and operations stakeholders.
- Highly proficient in Excel and specifically working with advanced functions like pivot tables, look-ups, macros and goal seek.
- Experience working with Oracle and building database queries a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good emotional intelligence demonstrating an ability to work collaboratively across the organisation.
- Self-starter / self-motivated, able to manage to tight deadlines and capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions without supervision.
- Ability, willingness and confidence to challenge opinions respectfully to offer alternatives and to construct a compelling argument to support an opinion.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, motivated and pro-active with a desire to make change happen.
- Ability to build rapport and influence outcomes.
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete a standard CRB, identity & adverse finance check to comply with regulatory requirements.
118 118 Money requires your personal data to process your application for a position within our Company.
If your application is successful through to telephone screening/interview, and you are not selected for a role, we may store your personal data for 3 years to enable our HR team to contact you should future roles be advertised.
Where you apply, but are not selected for telephone screening/interview, we will delete your personal data once the position is filled.
118 118 money does not use automated decisioning or profiling when selecting candidates.