Internal Audit Senior Manager (Technology)
Reference Number: 125-NIG00197
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) firms help organisations and individuals create the value they’re looking for. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 250,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. In Sub-Saharan Africa, we're the largest provider of professional services with offices in 34 countries and over 9 000 people.
The candidate will lead/develop/oversee the technology stream of the IA team in PwC Nigeria and make presentations to internal/external clients at executive management levels and build a successful team.
The IA Senior Manager, Technology will report to the IA Partner in PwC, Nigeria.
- Demonstrate excellent understanding of business issues across multiple industries and the relevance of technologies with a view to identify, pursue, and ultimately win business opportunities for internal audit practice in PwC
- Demonstrate extensive project management skills especially in the application and adoption of technology to enable the activities of internal audit clients of PwC
- Identify and address client needs whilst building relationships with clients, responding to requests for information and demonstrating flexibility in addressing the needs of the client
- Demonstrate extensive abilities as a team leader, which includes creating a positive work environment; monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations; respecting the work-life quality of team members; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner
- Demonstrate effective communication and people management skills
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the technical and functional requirements of audit software e.g TeamMate, CURA, Isometrix, MK Insight, etc.
- Ability to develop QA programs, execute the programs and communicate/report QA results to Senior Management
- Ability to execute quality assurance (QA) reviews to ensure compliance with organizational policies, IIA standards and other regulatory/other requirements
- Ability to develop and deliver technical and functional training on audit software as required, to enhance the broad understanding and use of the software
- Provide overviews, briefings, demonstrations, and executive presentations on functionality of audit software and the associated benefits to Board audit committee, audit management, audit teams, internal PwC staff, etc
- Good understanding of the application of data analytics to the internal audit process especially in the articulation/application of key risk indicators and key performance indicators
- Ability to lead the implementation and configuration of audit management systems. This includes understanding the business requirements in the primary areas of reporting and implementation of audit methodology, and determining how the software should be configured to meet those requirements
- Ability to effectively assess features of new releases of audit management systems, to enhance the quality of the recommendations to clients. Also examine new functionality and content made available by audit software vendors to assess its suitability for use
- Ability to demonstrate good understanding of IIA standards, COSO framework and other relevant guidelines
- Ability to lead/manage teams that conduct audits of information technology systems, applications and workflow processes
- Ability to independently plan internal audit engagements, collect and analyze information to form conclusions, develop audit findings and recommendations and prepare audit reports communicating results to management
- Proficient understanding of the internal audit process including risk assessments, planning, scheduling, reporting, continuous monitoring
- Ability to maintain subject matter expertise in Technology Risks and Controls, including: best practices, regulatory requirements and key control processes
- Ability to demonstrate skills and audit experience across a number of focus areas, such as Cyber, Information Security, Infrastructure, Applications, IT Governance, IT Operations, IT Resilience, etc
- Ability to support a series of high profile co-source or outsource audit engagements across industry sectors
- Ability to multi-task various projects and deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for audit reporting/discussions with Senior Audit and Business Management
- Report writing, presentation and inter-personal skills including good written and oral communication skills
- Commercial awareness of current economic and market trends.
- Minimum of a Second Class Upper Bachelor's degree
- Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Accounting Information Systems, Management Information Systems or related field
- Certification(s) Required: CIA, CISA, CISSP, ACA or any relevant certification
- Proficiency in English
- Candidates should have at least 8-10 years of experience within Internal Audit functions ideally, or professional services / audit firms.
- Candidate must have in-depth experience of Technology processes and Technology Risk Management
- MBA and consulting background will be an added advantage.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.