This is an exciting and challenging position for a creative, energetic analyst, with some exposure to financial services, who thrives on new challenges, possesses true entrepreneurial spirit and enjoys working in a fast-paced, highly flexible environment.
118 118 Money Keeps Britain Running! Life is sometimes messy, unpredictable and surprising — that’s where we come in. We provide personalised financial solutions so our customers can handle whatever lands in their path, to get back out there and get on.
Launched in 2013, we came to shake up the traditional UK financial services industry with our unsecured personal loan product. Always looking to challenge the status quo, we also recently launched the 118 118 Money Card, the first ever subscription-based credit card on the market.
The role will be central to the planning and analysis function within finance. They will work closely with teams globally to provide accurate, timely, and high quality analysis. The Analyst will have hands on experience in helping develop and implement a global long-term corporate strategy by assisting in research, analysis and planning.
The ideal candidate will have a strong academic background from a top tier university. They will possess strong qualitative and quantitative analysis skills and have an intuitive understanding of the business drivers and metrics that affect revenue and results.
In addition, the candidate will develop in-depth source system knowledge to help understand, review and correct system issues impacting current and new products and strengthening the finance processes and reconciliations.
To be successful in this role, the candidate will need to be detailed oriented, possess strong communications skills and be able to work closely with senior management.
Based in Cardiff, the Financial Analyst will provide analytical and business-planning support for existing and potential new product lines to ensure the company’s continued growth and profitability. The aim is to develop analysis and insight to help senior management within finance and elsewhere in the business make better-informed business decisions. They will be expected to perform financial and quantitative analysis on key drivers of the business.
The ideal candidate will have a financial services background, with considerable analytical skills, able to take raw data, analyze it and perform sensitivity analysis using key drivers as inputs. This position will require partnering and working closely with senior business leaders. The successful candidate will not be afraid to dig into the details from the get go.
This position will have strong links to senior leadership, the business, operations and finance teams globally.
Key Responsibilities & Objectives
- Develop operating and financial models for new and existing businesses
- Assist in the financial planning and analysis for 118 118 Money
- Analysis and reporting of profit drivers of the business (income and cost base)
- Perform ad-hoc business analysis and deep dives into specific business issues
- Research, and analyze new business opportunities and competitive dynamics
- Assist in presentation writing for new opportunities, budgets
- Assist in implementation of approved new business opportunities
- Various ad hoc reporting
- Degree from a top university/college
- Demonstrated expertise in financial analysis (developing financial models, analysing financial statements, collating management information)
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel, and planning tools - proven ability to build comprehensive financial models
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience working with senior management team
- Strong quantitative analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions with limited supervision
- Ability to cope with the ambiguity that is consistent with the start-up of a new product
- Strong project management skills
- Comfortable communicating with senior management is essential
- Self motivated and able to work to tight deadlines
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete a standard CRB & adverse finance check to comply with regulatory requirements.
118 118 Money requires your personal data to process your application for a position within our Company.
If your application is successful through to telephone screening/interview, and you are not selected for a role, we may store your personal data for 3 years to enable our HR team to contact you should future roles be advertised.
Where you apply, but are not selected for telephone screening/interview, we will delete your personal data once the position is filled.
118 118 money does not use automated decisioning or profiling when selecting candidates.