Do the best work of your life here at Apple. New ideas have a way of becoming great products, services and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your role and there’s no telling what you can accomplish. This is a key role in a fast-paced environment with the potential for the role to develop further with additional responsibilities in line with business requirements.
You will join the Record to Report team, which consists of over 60 individuals responsible for a wide range of areas including Fixed Assets, Treasury Accounting, Inter company Accounting, Inventory Accounting, Revenue Accounting and a team of regional lead accountants responsible for statutory and tax compliance along with legal entity oversight. The role is primarily responsible for managing the accounting, US GAAP, local statutory & tax compliance functions for a various legal entities in EMEIA. You will manage and providing support to the regional statutory and tax accountants and will also work closely with the other GBS accounting organisations in APAC, China, and AMR. You will also be responsible for regular project work.
You will have exposure to not only the Record to Report team but also the wider Apple organization. If you are a real team player, flexible, interested in interacting with people locally and globally, great at building good working relationships and passionate about working on projects then this position is an exciting opportunity for you.
- Qualified Accountant
- Proven people management skills
- Business acumen, strong business partnering skills and awareness of the big picture
- Identify issues and drive to resolution on a timely basis
- Ability to build effective relationships
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, problem solving, project management, communication skills required
- Manage overall financial accounting responsibility for a number of EMEIA entities.
- Manage a team of accounting professionals in ensuring overall team goals are achieved.
- Ensure talent development plans are delivered which will strengthen the overall team.
- Ensure monthly and quarterly close for entities under your control are executed flawlessly and that the month end close timetable is adhered to by accounting functions supporting the regional close.
- Responsibility for high quality financial statements and corporate income tax returns for legal entities within the team.
- Internal co-ordination with the EMEIA Tax, Corporate Legal, Inter company, Revenue and VAT Compliance teams, Purchase to Pay, Order to Cash, Fixed Assets, Treasury Accounting & Hire to Retire.
- Liaise with other Accounting Managers in R2R to ensure that consistent processes are implemented across all regions and that there is consistent treatment of corporate finance policies.
- Maintain data integrity of SAP to ensure US GAAP rules and local legal statutory and accounting reporting requirements are met.
- Assist the team in all external audits, including tax audits from governmental agencies.
- Responsible for ensuring processes are compliant for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
- Ensure appropriate systems, processes, tools and business relationships exist to enable effective legal entity controllership and compliance.
- Support finance initiatives and ad-hoc projects as requested.
- Develop with the role to expand responsibilities within the GBS organisation.
- Established a strong control environment to ensure we were compliant against the regulatory requirements in the countries we operate in.
- Challenge and empower the team to challenge the status quo and continue to strive for scalable compliant reporting.
Education & Experience
- Qualified Accountant
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.