Business Analyst Capital Markets
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Organization & Department Overview
The Information Services Group is responsible for providing authoritative sources of reference data to our clients across the Institutional Client Services organization, through implementing state of the art technologies and operational processes which promote the collection, storage, analysis, and distribution of product, pricing, account and corporate action data. The organization works in partnership with data clients across all business lines, deploying solutions to increase their competitiveness, through restructuring business processes, simplifying information access, and providing business intelligence around critical data
Integration and Process BA team is responsible for ensuring that securities and pricing domain data, i.e. Country, Currency, Exchange information etc., is monitored and remediated. This may involve analyzing multiple data sets manually or engineering automated solutions. Domain data is critical to the reference data processing and product and pricing data must be available, accurate, and complete for global financial markets.
– Perform Data analysis to compare datasets from Strategic and Legacy securities and pricing platforms
– Work closely with IT and Operations partners to identify area which require monitoring and create business as usual (BAU) processes to satisfy the requirement
– Manage IT and Reference Data projects across several teams
– Create and manage project plans across complex cross functional teams
– Collect requirements and structure information, system flows , current state dependencies to provide project documentation
– Work with vendors such as Bloomberg, Reuters etc. to plan out issue resolution
– Engineer repeatable operational processes which can be used to ensure data quality
– Independently query data from multiple relational databases to validate requirements
– Work with Major Global Bank Security Coding and leverage external vendors and standards organizations
– Create a communication plan around projects to ensure stakeholders have complete transparency around deliverables
– Independently query data from multiple relational databases for analysis
– Provide support for Integrations and client migrations for platforms.
– College degree, specialized training or equivalent work experience
– Data Oriented with an excellent attention to detail
– Experience/understanding of business process reengineering and business modeling concepts, business systems development and analysis
– Experience working closely with IT and development teams
– Advanced knowledge of MS Office, Visio and PSQL
– Strong analytical skills and writing skills, to include solid experience in writing functional and technical specifications
– Strong teamwork skills in a small local setting, as well as across different geographic locations
– Proficiency writing SQL queries is required.
– Strong background in reference data with a focus on securities and pricing
– Experience working closely with IT Project managers and development teams
– Knowledge of Financial Regulatory Reporting space and background supporting major Regulatory Reporting projects
– Good communication skills with the ability to be assertive
– Ability to focus on high quality work while under pressure
Please see our complete list of jobs at: