Financial Services Risk & Regulation – Senior Associate
Reference Number: 125-NIG00201
PwC firms help organizations and individuals create the value they are looking for. We are a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services
PwC's Financial Services Risk & Regulation (FSRR) professionals help clients understand, assess, mitigate and resolve all issues, driven by risk management, capital management and compliance, which prevent the achievement of their strategic goals. Our strength is our ability to operate across all the stages of design, execution and assurance of all risk management and compliance arrangements. We work with a broad range of corporate and public organizations to develop robust financial risk management frameworks that satisfy compliance demands, contribute to better decision making and enhance performance.
The scope of our work covers the full spectrum of financial risks such as credit risk, market risk, operational risk and liquidity risk; economic capital, capital management, stress testing, risk modeling and validation; regulatory compliance issues; and internal liquidity adequacy assessment process. There is a particular emphasis currently on the implementation of Basel II/III and other current local and international regulatory and risk management initiatives.
As a Senior Associate, you will work with different teams within the firm to help clients solve their financial risk and regulation issues.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Specifically, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Work and deliver high quality work on various FSRR engagements such as Basel implementation, ICAAP, ILAAP, RRP, Risk Framework design and implementation, etc.
- Lead and work as part of a project team on client sites to deliver FSRR engagement. Build relationships and maintain day-to-day contact with clients on assigned projects
- Provide coaching, feedback and technical guidance to associates as may be required
- Prepare various risk and regulatory services gap analysis reports
- Identify opportunities and provide support to senior team members on business development activities
- Contribute to PwC’s thought leadership on FSRR matters
Experience & Qualification
- A good University Degree with a minimum of Second Class Upper division.
- A recognised professional certification such as FRM/CFA/PRM will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ work experience in consultancy or banking (retail or commercial).
- Experience in at least one of FRM’s core areas, e.g. Basel II/III, credit risk, market and liquidity risk, operational risk, capital and liquidity adequacy assessment.
- Problem solving skills
- Strong project management and relationship management skills.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.