Payable Accountant (Open Application)
Octagon Professionals is constantly looking for the top talent available, who have a passion for space and/or space technology and is interested to join Octagon for projects at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk, The Netherlands (ESTEC).
ESTEC is a driven and technically strong organization, which seeks further additions to their teams in highly qualified, experienced professionals with an open mind, who can act independently and have the courage to challenge the limits and deliver the greatest value.
If you have over 2 years of relevant experience and think you have what it takes to join the technical 'heart' of European space activities, let us know!
Please contact us for further information on (0) and/or send your application/CV to . All enquiries and applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
- Analyzing, validating and approving all Agency payments to suppliers in compliance with ESA accounting policy, the Financial Regulations, instructions and procedures (internal rules); carrying out related financial operations and interfaces with suppliers;
- End–of–period adjustments, offsetting of prepayments against progress invoices and vendor clearing, analysis of balances, clearing of accrued costs versus invoices received and other accounting practices related to accounts payable;
- Contributing to the verification of contracts/purchase orders and CCNs to ensure compliance with financial requirements;
- Contributing to monthly and yearly closure of ESA accounts payable, ensuring accounts reconciliation, providing specific notes relating to ESA Financial Statements;
- Contributing to drafting instructions, procedures and guidelines for the Sections/Divisions;
- Responding to queries from industry;
- Preparing urgent payment lists;
- Maintaining close liaison with the appropriate Cost Centre managers, project managers and administrators providing financial advice and information on the relevant processes;
- Other ad hoc financial accounting tasks as requested by management.
- Master's degree or equivalent professional qualification in a financial discipline;
- At least 4 years of practical experience of financial accounting;
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken; knowledge of another EU language is an asset;
- Very good knowledge of SAP (in particular ECC and SRM modules) and relevant ESA corporate applications (e.g. ESA–p) with regard to Procure–to–Pay process and related procedures is an advantage;
- Excellent numerical skills as well as an accounting background with the analytical skills required to operate a complex accounting system;
- Familiarity with modern office automation tools and techniques, in particular Microsoft Office or equivalent, as well as customised database and software applications.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax free benefits.
- 30 vacation days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable trainings/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor–made pension scheme.
- Yearly subsribtion to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let's get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full–service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi–national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.