Assistant Accountant - (Project Accountant)
Working as part of a team, the post holder will be responsible for a variety of financial aspects of a consulting project's lifecycle. They will work closely with and provide financial support to several different internal stakeholder groups including the Consulting group.
A forward thinking business based in the Walton-On-Thames area, with free parking provided and very easy access via public transport.
The Assistant Accountant - (Project Accountant) role involves;
* Maintenance of project accounting system (TimeatWork) ensuring client and project records are correctly configured and links to other financial systems are functional (SUN accounts, Microsoft CRM and BI Reports).
* Awarding of new Consulting contracts: Collection of necessary start up project data, budgets, resourcing, margins, client contacts, PO's, invoicing
* Maintain accurate live data of all planned invoices
* Month end accruals for subcontractors and reimbursable income
* Preparation of all Consulting fees and reimbursable invoices with necessary supporting documentation
* Preparation of monthly backup for Time & Material based projects, approval and billing
* Perform Consulting WIP reconciliations, follow up activities and month end revaluations
* Resolve any client queries regarding related invoices issued to ensure prompt payment
* Provide credit control support to facilitate the payment of all Consulting invoices
* Creation and maintenance of employee records ensuring they are correctly configured and links to other financial systems are functional (SUN accounts, Empower and BI Reports).
* Ensure employee data for resourcing is current, including holidays, available hours, staff numbers and billable utilization targets
* Follow up and reallocation of unapproved hours as necessary
* Provide ad-hoc support and cover to UK payable function when needed
* Provide ad-hoc support and cover to Project Accountant for Technology and Business Analyst
* Other duties as delegated by manager
The ideal candidate for the Assistant Accountant - (Project Accountant), will;
- be either AAT Qualified, or part-qualified CIMA/ACCA, or have equivalent experience
- have worked in a similar role
- ideally have project related Finance/Accounts experience (not essential)
- ideally have experience with the systems; SUN & TimeatWork (not essential)
- live in a commutable distance to Walton-On-Thames
The Assistant Accountant - (Project Accountant) role offers a competitive salary of between £27-30,000 + benefits + study support (please apply for finer details).