Highly commercial role working side-by-side with operations teams within a fantastic organisation which operates at the UK's best-known festivals and sporting events.
My client are a dynamic, exciting organisation within the events and retail space. They operate at many of the UK's best-known festivals and sporting events.
The Management Accountant provides strategic advice and support to the Senior Management Team of the Concessions business, through the provision of analyses of event performance and Divisional performance, highlighting trends and opportunities and maximising the use of available technology in order to influence the Team's decision-making processes and operational improvements.
This role drives and delivers In-event and Post-event reporting to internal stakeholders and externally to our clients, partners and other stakeholders, as well as overseeing the maintenance, development and implementation of company policies and procedures for event revenue reporting, ensuring integrity, accuracy and security of all takings on-site and during the post event reconciliation process.
- Strategically advise the Senior Management Team, using internal statistics and market analyses to inform of current trends, forecasts and future opportunities for the development of the business
- Establish a strong site presence and professional working relationship with all concessionaires to facilitate consistent information and results throughout the events calendar, and assist in the resolution of problems and complaints
- Maintain (and where necessary develop / implement) on-site processes to ensure takings are handled efficiently and securely, and that the paperwork supports onward reconciliation, banking and analysis
- Manage the comprehensive audit process for retail and event teams to ensure the accuracy and integrity of takings, facilitate efficient sub-contractor invoicing and timely reporting to the client
- Ensuring retail teams implement must-stocks and agreed pricing structures during events
- Undertake detailed forward planning to ensure adequate resources and effective systems are in place and communicated for all events, ensuring event managers and clients have the support and information they require
- Manage the Retail Price Tariff setting process
- Produce a detailed analysis for each event including actuals versus forecasts, takings by individual units and discrepancies
- Recruit and train a team of robust, reliable audit team supervisors to process and record takings on site at events, implement the agreed procedures and report back on issues and suggestions
- Supervise all aspects of your team's performance; monitoring, encouraging, coaching, guiding and leading by example, and tackling any performance issues as they arise
- Undertake the role of cashier or cash controller when required, on site or in Head Office, processing and reconciling transactions efficiently and accurately
- Manage the Concessions account
- Provide support with reconciling PDQ income and assistance with the set-up of Epos systems on site
- Provide support to Account Managers to produce In-event P&L's
- Provide Support to Senior Office Administrator when reconciling events to SAGE and invoicing out
- Manage the risks involved with cash handling in line with company policy and insurances
- Implement efficient and safe processes to Manage cards, cash and vouchers via daily cash ups of outlets at major events
- Work closely with the Finance Business Partner to develop new systems and procedures to enhance event reporting and commercial decision making
- Good numeracy and literacy ability (minimum GCSE Level A in Maths and C in English)
- Fully ICT literate, competent in all MS Office with Excel to Intermediate standard as a minimum
- Proven ability to devise and implement clear, efficient processes and reports
- Effective communicator with good interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective business and colleague relationships
- Strong administrative skills and high levels of accuracy
- Full, valid, UK driving license
- Experience of working across multiple, mobile sites and the challenges this brings
- Experience of SAGE
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role, with responsibility for large volumes of cash in a retail environment, and fast, accurate turnaround times
- Experience of working with EPOS systems
- Flexible, adaptable, and calm when working under pressure
- Team player
- Positive and self-motivated and able to think on your feet
- Resilient, tenacious, good attention to detail
- Honest and dependable
- Keen for personal development and progression
- Well presented
This role will pay a basic salary of between £28-32k.