Group Technical Accounting Manager
The Group Technical Accounting Manager is responsible for driving the group technical accounting agenda across Europe. This will include researching new accounting standards, assessing their impact under both IFRS and USGAAP and implementing and maintaining processes to correctly report under them going forward.
Market leading FMCG business based in fantastic offices in Kent. US owned business with sites across Europe.
The Group Technical Accounting Manager will be the main point of contact for all technical accounting queries across the group and will report into the Head of Group Reporting & Projects.
Principal responsibilities will include
- Working with European entities to assist with the maintenance of IFRS 9, IFRS 15 and IFRS 16.
- Preparing quarterly and annual memos to present to the US on any technical accounting issues arising in Europe.
- Managing and enhancing the finance manual, ensuring consistency with the US and rolling out across Europe.
- Managing and reporting on the treatment of exceptional costs across Europe.
- Month end review of data to ensure compliance with the new IFRSs.
- Assisting with accounting for new acquisitions and group restructuring.
- Liaising with Auditors on any technical accounting matters.
- Reviewing pension and derivative valuations at quarter/year end.
- Preparation of quarterly USGAAP/IFRS checklist for submission to Auditors/US.
- Assisting with the preparation of the UK statutory accounts.
- Leading ad-hoc technical accounting projects.
The ideal candidate for the Group Technical Accounting Manager role will be:
- Fully qualified (ACA, ACCA)
- Most likely from a leading Accountancy Practice background
- Working at manager level
- Technically strong with excellent IFRS knowledge (USA GAAP beneficial)
- Able to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- An excellent communicator and presenter
Basic salary of up to £60,000 +
- £7,000 car allowance
- Pension scheme
- Excellent career opportunities
- Holiday purchase scheme