An exciting opportunity for an experience Financial Accountant to join an innovative Cambridge based institution in the not for profit and charities sector and have an immediate and direct impact on the business. The Financial Accountant will responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of important projects across the business to ensure financial services and delivered to the highest standards.
A fast paced, established not for profit and charities operating from lovely offices in Cambridge who can provide an opportunity to have a direct impact on the success of the institution. Operating within a tight knit, driven and ambitious team, the successful applicant for the Finance Accountant position will be making a fantastic career step to an environment which breeds success, and will have a direct influence on this success.
Within this role the Financial Accountant will be responsible for:
- Managing a number of complex financial projects across a number of divisions within the institution
- Ensuring the success of your team in exceeding targets that are set
- Preparing annual statements to be shared with key stakeholders in the business
- Provide detailed analysis and commentary on the financial implications of new projects
- Streamlining existing systems and implementing any system changes that are required
- Ensuring effective budget control and well as the production of annual forecasts
- Producing monthly journals to be shared with the senior finance team
The successful candidate for the Financial Accountant position will be:
- Actively pursuing their CCAB
- Extensive not for profit or public sector experience
- Knowledgeable on IFRS standards
- Experienced in providing financial analysis and advice to key senior figures
- Previous exposure to project as well as team management
- Confident in presenting financial reports to key stake holders and senior management
- Advanced user of Excel
The successful applicant will be making a fantastic career step into a leading institution in the not for profit and charities sector and will have significant responsibilities and duties which will impact the success of the institution. The Financial Accountant will also receive a competitive salary as well as a wide ranging benefits package.