- This is an exciting group accountant opportunity within a FTSE250 listed business in London.
- With previous history of progression within the role, this is an excellent first move for a recently qualified candidate coming from a practice background
My client are an internationally successful, FTSE250 listed organisation based in Central London.
A fascinating, complex organisation, they've grown via both acquisition and organic growth. It's certainly an organisation that is constantly changing, with various projects ongoing.
This is a role Michael Page has placed multiple times previously, with all incumbents having been promoted and progressed within the business. If you're looking for a role where you'll be challenged and developed this will certainly offer these prospects.
The role itself sits within the Group finance function and is a group reporting role with aspects of business partnering, FP&A and strategic planning to the position.
Reporting to, and working closely with, the Group Reporting Manager, the Group Accountant will take responsibility for supporting day-to-day operation of a range of group financial and management accounting matters.
- Provide support to the Group Financial Controller and Group Reporting Manager with a number of activities
- Lead the monthly multi-currency consolidation of the group results and forecast, including:
- update of consolidation journals including review of intercompany eliminations
- reconciliation of reserves
- review of the order book
- understanding of FX adjustments and movements
- analysis of central costs, central cash and variances
- Liaise direct with the divisional and business unit finance directors
- Assist with preparation of the monthly management accounts and Board reports
- Assist with preparation of the interim and year end annual reports
- Liaise with the external auditors
- Proactive resolution of accounting queries from group
- Administration of the consolidation system - setting up new users and entities
- Undertake consolidation system report writing and data analysis
- Train consolidation system users as required
- Liaise with the 3rd party support provider and with internal IT resource
- Ad hoc project work to support business needs, including assignments at the businesses
Budgeting and Strategic Planning
- Assist the Group Accountant in the budget and strategic planning processes
- Prepare interest, non-operating charges, EPS and net debt calculations
- Prepare the group budget documents for the board
- Provide support to the businesses and resolve queries
- Review the Head Office budget and strategic plans with the Head Office accountant
- Review the group cross charges with the Head Office accountant
Head Office Accounting
- Manage the full-time Head Office accountant and lead the review of the head-office accounts and forecasts
- Prepare the statutory financial statements for the head-office companies
- Provide cover for the Head Office accountant as required
- Detailed review of BACS runs
- Communication with the group's banks on Trade Finance matters
- Manage interest calculations for inter company loans and internal interest payments across the group
- Completion of Office of National Statistics surveys
- Defence and military industry
A competitive salary, with brilliant corporate benefits.
This role has a track record of progression within the organisation - there is a clear development path in place.