Interim Head of Finance
Job title: Interim Head of Finance
Daily rate: GBP350 –400 day
Location: South Gloucestershire
Reporting to: Board
Hours: Full time initially, reducing to 3 days/week
Our client is a successful family owned B2B and B2C firm in South Gloucestershire.
As interim Head of Finance you will be required to get in to the detail, whilst also bringing high level strategic thinking to the finance team.
Technically astute and flexible, your main responsibility will be to collaborate with the Board to inform financial decision making, with a view to potential restructure and raising additional funding.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading and developing the finance function, including coaching to improve management accounting
- Managing the financial planning processes, including preparation and delivery of forecasts, budgets and strategic plans
- Managing working capital, including driving continuous improvements and best practice
- Providing financial and strategic expertise on growth plans and organisational development
- Analysing project level profitability and collaborating with operational functions to reduce costs and enhance profitability
- Enhancing corporate governance and controls environment
- Providing ad hoc finance support as and when required
The Successful Applicant
You will be a qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA preferred) who has gravitas to influence senior management and facilitate change.
Ideally you will have:
- Proven success in operating autonomously in a changing environment with cross functional team
- A proficiency in analyzing data to solve business problems and producing high quality management information
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external to the business
- Experience of operating at Board level and comfortable presenting to a variety of stakeholders
- An entrepreneurial "can do" positive attitude
- Experience in delivering key business objectives
Experience working in an infrastructure or contract service business would be an advantage.