Head of Finance and HR - Part or Full Time available
Our client based in Taunton are looking to recruit an experienced Head of Finance & Resources and are flexible with either Full and Part Time depending on the candidate.
The Head of Finance and Resources is responsible for managing the financial and human resources functions of the company.
As the senior finance person, the post–holder is responsible for managing and administering the company's finances and accounts, for both the charitable and the trading arm of the company. The post holder will work with the Chief Executive and the Senior Management Team to set and achieve financial targets, develop revenue streams and reduce costs across their operations.
- Oversight of year–end statutory accounts and audit
- Work with the Chief Executive and Budget Holders to forecast annual budgets
- Produce monthly, quarterly and year end P&L reports, cash–flow and balance sheet on an accrual basis
- Produce written reports for CE, Senior Management, Trustees and funders as required
- Credit Control, raising invoices and chasing payments
- Overall responsibility for financial records of transactions and bank reconciliation
- Manage specific budgets in relationship to grants and projects, providing reports when necessary
- Administer finances raised through fundraising campaigns, donations, sponsorship and grants, and claim back associated Gift Aid from HMRC
- Liaise with external Accountants (who provide the payroll function) and process salaries
- Produce returns and process VAT returns, HMRC tax and NI contributions
Human Resources Duties:
- Manage recruitment, contracting and induction of new employees
- Manage disciplinary, grievance procedures and contract termination, escalating as necessary to the CE
- Ensure HR policies and procedures are kept up–to–date and implemented appropriately
- Oversee appraisal process, performance management and the CPD and training of staff
- Understanding of charity accounting and experience working in third sector finance
- Ability to accurately forecast and meet financial targets
- Ideally experience of delivering a HR function within an organisation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – be able to communicate confidently at all levels verbally and in writing
- ACA / ACCA or CIMA qualified accountant