# of Openings 1
About the Company:
Avalon Healthcare Solutions, headquartered in Tampa, Florida, is a clinical services and information technology company using evidence–based medicine to develop and deploy medical policies and protocols in the high–volume, dynamic and complex diagnostic lab environment. The company manages the appropriate use of thousands of existing lab tests and researches new tests to determine efficacy and impact on patient care.
Studies show that 30% of clinical laboratory testing is unnecessary or overused. Inappropriate testing or missing a key screening can lead to complications and expense arising from unwarranted care, or not obtaining proper care when needed, leading to increased health risks and costs. Avalon helps ensure delivery of the right test, at the right time, and in the right setting. We seek to ensure the most effective patient treatment, improve clinical outcomes, and optimize cost and affordability.
Avalon is a portfolio company of Francisco Partners, a global private equity firm that specializes in investments in technology and technology–enabled service companies. Since its launch 15 years ago, FP has raised approximately $10 billion and invested in more than 150 companies.
Avalon is a high growth company where every associate has an opportunity to make a difference. You will be part of a team that shapes a new market and business. You'll enjoy seeing the results of your work as we rapidly implement our plan. Most importantly, you will help Avalon to achieve its mission and improve clinical outcomes and health care affordability for the people we serve.
For more about Avalon, please visit our web site at .
About the Senior Accountant Position :
The Senior Accountant is responsible for managing all general ledger activity and compiling the month–end close. Key responsibilities include following a month–end close calendar, ensure all journal entries are processed timely, manage the vendor payable process, assist with analysis and ad hoc reporting. The Senior Accountant reports to Avalon's Director, Accounting and Analysis and works closely with other financial and operating staff throughout the company.
This position is based in Tampa, Florida, and is not a remote role. This is a full–time, W–2 position. At this time, we can consider only local candidates authorized to work in the US. No recruiter calls, please.
Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant:
- Manage the month–end close process and related deadlines including preparing and reviewing all journal entries and account reconciliations for accuracy and completeness.
- Review journal entries and AP expense coding prepared by the accounting staffs.
- Review balance sheet reconciliations prepared by accounting staffs.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations for more complex accounts.
- Balance and upload cash transactions into GL.
- Maintain and rollforward monthly accrual schedules.
- Consolidate financial statements for three companies including review of the final trail balance and budget variances
- Prepare loan covenant submissions.
- Perform various analysis which require drilling down into financial statements or other databases
- Perform monthly financial statements analytics (budget to actuals and prior period to current period, etc.)
- Maintain policies and procedures for the financial reporting close process
- Enhance functionality into the general ledger system (NetSuite) as opportunity to automate and streamline is discovered
- Assist with the year–end audit and tax return preparation.
Qualifications of the Senior Accountant:
- Technical expertise in US generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of and experience using Enterprise resource planning accounting systems such as NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics, or Intacct.
- Strong working knowledge of and experience using Microsoft Excel.
- Analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate accounting data with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Master's in Accounting or Business Administration
- CPA License
- Public accounting experience
- Experience in a start–up or early–stage company helpful.