Work for a well established higher education organisation as a Financial Accountant responsible for all aspects of reporting and financial advice.
Work for large and growing higher education organisation. They are looking for someone who shares their passion to make a difference and an accountant who is able to manage all aspects of financial accounting and add value within the organisation. You will be in charge of dealing with everything from statutory reporting to collating and presentation of budgets and forecasts. You need to be someone who is creative and analytical with an excellent ability to manage and prioritise workload.
- Responsible for all the financial accounting activities and financial control monitoring.
- Produce cash flow reports and forecasts.
- Evaluating and developing financial processes and clearly documenting them.
- Delivering statutory accounts for entities that are of a high quality and in line with requirements of external auditors.
- Supporting the Financial Accounting and Control Manager in delivering Group Statutory accounts.
- Support the line manager in areas of financial advice, decision making and mentoring finance officers when necessary.
- Prepare VAT returns and oversee tax compliance.
- Newly qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA).
- Excellent analytical skills to review data effectively.
- Experience of developing complex spreadsheet models for record keeping and reporting financial information with strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of handling VAT returns and corporate tax returns.
- Knowledge and experience of leading year-end processes.
- Diligent approach to financial management and control.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across a range of audiences.
- Resilient, enthusiastic and able to work under tight deadlines.
- Established customer service skills and ability to be proactive in building working relationships with colleagues
- Competitive salary based on skills, qualifications and experience.
- Good holiday allowance.
- Pension scheme.
- Other generous benefits package.