This is a brilliant opportunity to work for a successful growing companies headquarters based in Hatfield. The role as a Financial Accountant for the EMEA Regions will have a critical effect on the business and is an important role to the company.
My Manufacturing and production client are an international business located in Hatfield. They have a large presence in Europe and this Financial Accountant will be tasked with adding value to the EMEA counties accounting processes.
This is a brilliant business to work for and is ever expanding. They value their finance function highly and understand the commercial benefits of having the right individuals within their financial accounting team.
The Financial Accountant role will sit within the wider finance team. Some of the key duties of the position will be to:
- Control and manage the accuracy of the General Ledger for the assigned companies.
- Complete all relevant month end financial close procedures including necessary accruals and prepayments activities.
- Prepare and be responsible for all necessary internal reporting required within Europe
- Facilities and restructuring accounting and control.Carry out relevant Sarbanes Oxley controls.
- Hedging and Revaluation.
- Headcount reporting, control and forecasting support.
- Statutory accounting and corporation tax work
- Statutory/Corporate reconciliations and European consolidation
- Control and prepare VAT, Intrastat and EC Sales List Reporting, submission of Vat Returns and related compliance.
- Support and be involved with all audit work.
- Manage the fixed asset register and all relevant accounting, liaising with the accounts payable clerks and other business areas where required.
- Prepare any necessary variance analysis for all of the above.
- Support other accountants within the team on a variety of tasks in order to meet the total needs of the finance department.
- Involvement with developing new/efficient processes/procedures within the accounting team.
- Provide support and assistance to the Accounting Manager on projects and ad-hoc tasks.
The successful Financial Accountant candidate that will be successful in their application will ideally:
- Be happy to interface with other finance departments, other internal companies, Europe and Corporate headquarters and all necessary external parties such as Auditors and Tax Advisors.
- Show a high accuracy of work
- Meet deadlines
- Deliver and maintain suitable and efficient solutions
- Buy into Team working within the accounting team and wider finance departments.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of general accounting and reporting processes
- Show effective resolution of complex reporting requirements
- Be highly numerate and methodical
- Maintain efficient control under pressure to meet deadlines
- Have good communication skills
- Have strong Excel, Finance system and data manipulation skills
- Be comfortable with management information systems
- Be studying or wanting to study towards full accountancy qualification
On offer for the successful candidate:
- Will be a study support package to help you reach qualification
- The necessary finance experience you'd need sign off your logbook
- Good Senior finance team members to mentor you on your journey
- A great Manufacturing and Production business to work for
- A good working environment and a business that value their staff
- A very competitive rate of remuneration for the area