Qualified/Part Qualified Accountant
Extreme Structures is an Irish owned business specialising in providing creative structures and furniture for all kinds of events, including tents, geodesic domes, stretch pods, bespoke staging, and furniture hire. It is a fast-growing business based in the Newcastle area of County Dublin.
Extreme Structures currently has a vacancy for a part-time qualified or part qualified Accountant.
The successful candidate will be based in the Newcastle area of Co. Dublin and will be responsible for a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, monthly management accounts, credit control, year-end audit preparation and the support of budgeting and forecasting activities. This is an exciting opportunity to grow within a highly successful company which places emphasis on being creative and alternative.
Key responsibilities of this role will include but are not limited to:
- Preparing monthly management accounts including income and expenditure accounts, balance sheet detailing the comparison to budget and prior year accounts;
- Preparation of cash flows
- Preparing & processing of payroll for 20-30 staff including Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) transfers to staff bank accounts
- Preparation of VAT and PAYE/PRSI returns to Revenue,
- Preparing annual budgets in conjunction with the CEO;
- Management of accounts payable and accounts receivable (debtors and creditors)
- Processing and analysis of customer invoices;
- Developing, maintaining and updating effective financial procedures processes and internal controls for Extreme Structures;
- Liaising with auditors;
- Undertaking such other duties as might be reasonable from time to time.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- Evidence of a professional accountancy qualification & member of recognised accountancy body;
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in an Accounting/Credit Control role;
- Knowledge of computer based financial accounting systems and software such as Exchequer, Sage or similar;
- A high degree of analytical, conceptual, problem solving and numerical skills;
- Knowledge of computer-based payroll systems;
- Strong knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office packages including Excel and Word;
- Ability to meet strict reporting deadlines;
The successful candidate should also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in the event industry would be an advantage
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative, this person will be solely responsible for the company accounts
- Excellent attention to detail
Your application: Mazars will be managing all aspects of this recruitment project on behalf of Extreme Structures. Applications to be submitted online at www.mazars.ie/Consulting/HRServices and must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you wish to be considered for the post and where you believe your skills and experience meet the requirements of the position of Qualified/Part Qualified Accountant with Extreme Structures;
- A comprehensive CV clearly showing your relevant achievements and experience in your career to date.
All enquiries relating to this role should be directed to the Executive Recruitment Team by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on +353 (1) 449 4400.
No enquiries or canvassing should be made directly to Extreme Structures.
Deadline for applications: Friday 15th February at 5pm GMT.