PwC Internal Audit Manager
About the Team
We are PwC’s Internal Audit Team and provide independent, objective assurance and consulting activities to help support the firm’s operations and to improve the effectiveness of its governance, risk management and internal control. We report to the Executive Board and to the Audit and Risk Committee of the Supervisory Board.
We focus on helping the firm look deeper and see further. In short, we seek to address the key risks and ultimately deliver value to the firm. It is work that really does matter and can make a difference to the firm, its partners and employees.
The team is headed by a Director, who as Head of Internal Audit, is supported by a mix of operational and IT auditors, at the Senior Manager, Manager, Senior Associate and Associate level. We continue to develop as a team building our capability; becoming more agile; and extending our collaboration with our Global and Network Internal Audit colleagues. All aimed at strengthening our position as a trusted advisor within the firm and to the Audit and Risk Committee.
About the Role
A career in the Internal Audit Team will give you a unique insight into the workings of the firm and an opportunity to gain an understanding of PwC’s strategic objectives, regulatory and risk management environment and the diverse needs of its critical stakeholders.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team with extensive audit experience and a broad knowledge of the firm. You will be responsible for delivering a wide range of assignments from the annual assurance plan, both risk based audits and consultancy activities. You will enjoy a wide variety of work in terms of nature and scope, including audits focussed on operational, financial or regulatory risks. You will also have the opportunity to engage with different clients from across all areas of the firm and with our internal audit colleagues at a global and network level.
You will be based with the team in One Embankment Place. Some travel to other sites will be needed and occasional overnight stays away from home, but this is limited in comparison to a traditional client facing audit role. There is also scope for flexible working and working at home. Depending on your performance and team structure, there may also be future promotion opportunities within the team to Senior Manager.
Specific responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to
- Proactively leading and contributing to the delivery of audit assignments (in accordance with our audit methodology and standards), managing delivery within the audit budget and required time frames, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
- Scoping of the audit, which includes determining our key objectives and the risk areas being assured and agreeing this with the client in conjunction with Head of IA
- Completion of audit documentation, including audit scopes, working papers and audit reports
- Evaluation and presentation of overall findings and issues raised during the project and, in conjunction with the Senior Manager and / or Head of IA, clear and timely communication of these to the client, to ensure that an agreed plan of action is reached
- Coaching and leading other audit staff
- Establishing and sustaining effective working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Keeping up to date with local and national business and economic issues that may impact upon the operations of the firm and its risk profile
- Being an active team member and contributing to the team’s development activities to help identify and research opportunities to improve our operational effectiveness and quality of our work
- Contributing to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
Essential Skills, Behaviours and Experience
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our clients across the firm and
for our team. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’, and are made up of five core attributes whole leadership; technical
capabilities; business acumen; global acumen; and relationships.
In addition, for this role you must have
- Completed an accountancy or internal audit qualification (ACA, CIA, CISA, or equivalent)
- Experience in auditing financial and operational controls within a wide range of business processes (within either an external or internal audit environment)
- A good understanding of governance, risk management and control at an operational and organisational level
Strong analytical and project management skills
The ability to work effectively across multiple assignments and in different audit teams for varying time periods and to deliver at pace
Experience in supervising and developing junior staff
Ability to communicate clearly and build good working relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels
Excellent report writing and communication skills to be able to effectively report any issues and recommendations for improvement to our clients, as well as drafting the related sections of high quality (and high impact) audit reports
Flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the wider team, being open minded and agile to change
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Be innovative and have the ability to contribute and create new initiatives
- Have an aptitude for learning and a desire to continually development and improve
- Experience of performing data analytics/CAATs in an audit environment
Internal firm services
In order to deliver a first-class service to our clients, we need first-class support internally. Internal firm services is a network of specialist support professionals and includes marketing, recruitment, human capital, finance, technology, learning and development, procurement, to name but a few. Each team plays a vital role in making sure we have all the right resources, services and technology across our business.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity