Senior Audit Manager (APAC Region)
The Senior Audit Manager is responsible for planning, developing, executing audits of various UPS business processes, including information technology controls and regulatory compliance. The incumbent identifies and develops audit methodologies for testing and reporting. He/she ensures compliance with internal policies, procedures and controls in accordance with auditing standards. This position supervisors Senior Staff Auditors and Staff Auditors.
- Develops Audit Plans
- Creates audit schedules (e.g. availability of personnel and data, timing requirements, etc)
- Develops audit frameworks to comply with standard accounting practices
- Provides audit plans to the Audit Director to confirm compliance with reporting guidelines set forth by external auditors
- Communicates scope results to process owners and external auditors to ensure adequate audit coverage.
- Oversees SOX Compliance
- Identifies and communicates new accounting guidelines and updates to ensure implementation into the audit process
- Maintains auditing web tool to ensure audit findings are documented
- Reviews audit results to ensure severity ratings and findings classifications are appropriately assessed.
- Manages and Develops Others
- Manages resources and people processes (career development, training, staffing, etc)
- Identifies individual and team skill gaps and development opportunities, ensuring that direct/ indirect reports have documented career goals
- Resolves individual and group performance issues
- Reviews Audit Results
- Reviews audit findings to ensure identified weaknesses and deficiencies are properly addressed and communicated to management
- Verifies corrective action plans are in place to ensure deficiencies are resolved.
- Gathers information from various groups (e.g. IA and Compliance, F&A, External Auditors) to prepare quarterly audit reports.
- Assists with the development of Audit Committee presentations to ensure quarterly audit issues are addressed.
- Accounting Knowledge – Applies standard GAAP methods, makes recommendations to improve practices or procedures in compliance with GAAP.
- Detail Orientation – Develops plans that balance details and the “big picture”; adapts the level of detail required for a given audience and purpose.
- Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Knowledge – Responds to compliance problems and identifies appropriate actions; identifies people needed to resolve compliance problems and collaborates to develop corrective action plans.
- Meeting Facilitation – Demonstrates active listening, asks open-ended questions and effectively uses a variety of media; demonstrates a basic understanding of group dynamics and team development
- Project Management – Develops project management plans and leads the implementation for basic projects of short duration requiring limited coordination and resources; supports initiatives with well-defined project needs and cross- functional roles/ responsibilities throughout the project life cycle.
- Report Generation – Generates reports in appropriate format using basic software; reviews reports to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Possess a Bachelor degree or Master’s in Accounting and Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor is preferable
- 10 - 12 years of internal/external auditing experience in any industries
- Minimum 6 years of people management experience
- Willing to travel 50% of the time mainly in the Asia-pacific region and may be called upon to travel to other regions
- Proficient in Chinese or one other Asian language is a bonus
- Proficient in Microsoft applications i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Oracle and Blackline will be advantageous
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.