The role: Financial Accountant
We are looking for a highly motivated Financial Accountant to join our expanding Advisory team. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and capable of working on your own initiative. This role is based on client site in Limerick.
In conjunction with the Senior Finance Team, the individual will be responsible for managing day-to-day items arising within the finance function and for ensuring that interactions with all stakeholders are carried out in a courteous, patient and professional manner.
- assist the finance function in the timely and accurate completion of financial reporting and analysis;
- review financial statements in accordance with current accounting standards;
- investigate all audit issues to propose a solution;
- draft report covering financial statements, client business issues, systems and controls and other issues in the engagement plan;
- organise work in accordance with the engagement plan;
- assisting in the audit assignments for both internal and external reviews that are scheduled throughout the year.
Skills and attributes:
- good analytical ability, with a logical approach to problem solving and sound judgement;
- capacity to proactively and constructively contribute to team tasks;
- strong organisational and administrative skills;
- strong MS Office and MS Excel skills;
- ability to communicate and interact effectively with stakeholders;
- a ‘can-do’ approach with the ability to organise and prioritise workloads to meet deadlines;
- good experience on the preparation of annual financial statements;
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and
- the ability to work on own initiative, as part of a team and as leader of a group.
- part-qualified or qualified accountant with experience in audit;
- experience in the financial services industry is required;
- excellent communication skills;
- strong technical competence;
- strong interpersonal skills; and
- initiative and attention to detail.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.