Financial Accounting and Advisory Services - Financial Accountant – German Market
FAAS (Financial Accounting & Advisory Services)
FAAS is the fastest growing department in Grant Thornton. Our team has grown from 12 to 160 over the last 5 years. We provide solutions to accounting challenges faced by large and complex multinationals. Our FAAS department operates across 4 key service lines as per the below;
- Global Compliance and Reporting Solutions
- Audit and Accounting Advisory
- Effective Financial Reporting
- Business Process Outsourcing
The characteristics of the target client base we are selling to are as follows:
- Complex clients and group structures;
- Technically demanding;
- Driving efficiency and change;
- Looking for value;
- Want a single point of contact ;
- Sophisticated procurement processes; and
- Often SEC regulated.
The service delivery therefore demands a combination of rigorous project management with clear communication protocols, technical excellence and a deep knowledge of shared service centre operating environments.
- Support dynamic team delivering international compliance projects with particular focus on German GAAP and exposure to other international jurisdictions;
- Prepare annual statutory accounts and audit schedules;
- Act as the primary point of contact for statutory audits;
- Act as a point of contact for all statutory related technical queries with focus on the German market;
- Maintain current knowledge of German accounting and tax developments and regulation to assist in keeping clients up to date; assist with maintaining key client relationships locally and internationally;
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvement and innovative solutions so the team can operate in an efficient and cost effective manner.
Skills and attributes:
- Newly qualified accountant with experience in US GAAP and German GAAP;
- Strong communicator and fluent German speaker – other European languages a benefit but not essential;
- Experience in dealing with external auditors and overseeing the audit process
- Strong technical accounting skills, good knowledge of German accounting
- Strong analytical skills
- Motivated self-starter with the desire to join a fast-paced and entrepreneurial team;
- Previous experience of working with MNC’s an advantage but not a requirement, this could be in an industry or practice setting;
- Desire to broaden international experience through working on projects with and advising companies across a number of jurisdictions in EMEA and APAC;
- Ability to work within tight deadlines;
- Commercial/business awareness; and
- A passion for client service.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.