Play a key role in supporting the Financial Controller and will work closely with senior stakeholders within the company to ensure business risks are reduced across their UK and International markets.
Our client is an ever-growing, leading UK retailer with plans to expand into Europe. They pride themselves on providing high-quality products, competitive prices and a convenient shopping experience - they put their customers first!
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Own and manage the statutory reporting process.
- Monitor and understand monthly variance of balance sheet items.
- Responsibility for internal control cycles.
- Preparation and submission of UK VAT returns.
- Review and sign off of International VAT returns
- Review internal procedures and ensure ongoing compliance with local VAT rules and implement new procedures as required.
- Responsibility for IFRS16 reporting including budgeting & forecasting.
- Liaising with external advisors as required.
- Completion of UK Corporate Tax return and analysis
You will work alongside key stakeholders ensuring the business is compliant with its obligations (including audit, tax as well as other ad-hoc project work).
Highly developed prioritisation and delegation skills to enable various tasks to be completed accurately, on time and to a high standard.
Required Skills & Experience:
Person should be qualified ACA or ACCA with financial accounting background and experience of corporate tax or VAT beneficial.
A strong working knowledge of financial accounting standards and their practical application (IAS & UK GAAP) and the self drive and motivation to develop knowledge further.
You will be a proactive forward thinking team player with the ability to prioritise and work accurately to deadlines and the determination to resolve queries in a timely manner.
Competitive Basic Salary + benefits