Senior Associate Risk Assurance Treasury London LTT
6 days left
- Full time
Our team helps organisations assess, design, and implement improvements to their core treasury activities. We focus on optimising the day to day processes of treasury and cash transformation, commodity risk management and technology, currency risk management, accounting and regulation, cash management, and controls.
About the Team
The world of treasury is changing. With ever changing financial business, financial and regulatory environments our clients are asking for ever more challenging support.
PwC’s Treasury and Commodities team provides a full range of assurance and advisory treasury support to clients across non-bank financial services businesses, trading businesses and leading multinational corporations. Our teams provide these specialist services to across a wide geographical area, including the UK, Europe and the Middle East.
In the UK, we have the Global Firms largest concentration of expertise including auditors, former Treasurers, Analysts, Risk Managers, Traders, IT Specialists and Finance professionals. We have been recognised as the leading Corporate Treasury & Commodities service provider in the country for the past 15 years winning the TMI best global treasury consultancy.
About the Role
Building on this success, we are now seeking Senior Associates to join our team. As a Senior Associate in the team, you will be responsible for providing advisory and assurance services to our clients as part of a team including;
- Treasury audit support
- Advice on treasury risk management, hedging strategies and appropriate derivative instruments and associated accounting;
- Treasury controls and internal audit support;
- Review and development of treasury risk and cash management policies, processes, controls and reporting;
- Treasury and cash transformation projects;
- Developing and implementing payment, bank connectivity and cash management structures and processes;
- Support clients in developing the business case for, then selection, design and implementation of treasury, payment and cash system solutions; and
- Involvement in the treasury aspects of transaction-related and M&A projects.
Essential skills & experience
- ACA or ACCA qualification (particular if undertaking treasury audit roles)
- Strong understanding of treasury controls;
- Experience in one or more of the following areas – treasury systems, treasury operations/ back office and
- treasury risk and exposure management – from within a corporate or non- bank financial services
- environment or as an advisor in a leading consultancy or as an auditor;
- Experience of working within a project environment as part of a team;
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to interpret financial and non-financial data;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Flexibility in working in different environments;
- Drive and determination to bring value to our clients;
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral; and
- Ability to work both in small teams and as part of larger projects
- Associate member of the ACT or studying towards
- An awareness of treasury, cash and payment technology options available to the Corporate market, how these are applied to deliver improvements plus ideally practical experience of design and implementation of said; front, middle and back office treasury and cash awareness with a good understanding of key financial and control processes
- Strong ability to work in a team environment including project management.
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It’s work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity