Business Advisory Manager
Working in a client facing role offering strategic solutions and advice to specific situations.
This firm started in 2004 and has gone from strength to strength ever since. Over the last 15 years the firm has increased its staff count and now employees circa 20 staff. They work in a really positive and modern office and with fantastic upbeat and inclusive culture.
The firm has a focus towards tech start-up clients, but will also have exposure to large property development companies, architects, retail companies, PR companies and some Charities. There is no concentration on small simple businesses as their work is widely based on the advisory piece. The firms focus is to engage on a high personal level with clients, teaching business owners how to get the most out of their financial information and watch them grow.
This is a unique and informal firm, and the very opposite to a tradition accountancy firm. Think dress down, (no suits) a flat hierarchy and a dog in the office.
The accountant will split their time preparing FRS102 1a accounts and tax returns (Corporate, Personal, Partnership tax returns as well as R&D tax claims) and meeting with clients regularly to review the latest management information created by the team, helping the business owner with their tactical and strategic issues (usually relating to growth goals e.g funding, staffing and management challenges). You should be able to offer specific, suitable solutions and advice to the variety of clients in your portfolio.
The ideal candidate will be an accountant with existing business advisory skills to join our team. You will be working under the supervision of the founder, a very ambitious and inspiring leader.
- Qualified ACCA / ACA / AAT / CTA
- Budget creation required with financial model building a nice to have but not required
- Cash Flow Forecasting
- Management Information analysis
- Experience in FRS 102 1a account production (using Iris and xero work papers) including detailed disclosure notes
- Experience with producing corporation tax returns including S455 and group tax relief and capital allowances
- Ability to write and calculate R&D claims and ideally also VGTR
- Experience with partnership tax returns
- Experience with self assessment tax returns
- Experience with EMI share valuations and SEIS/EIS Advanced Assurance and Compliance
- Experience with Charity SORP and Independent Examiners Report
- High level of written and spoken English communication
- Communicate with clients in plain English with no accounting jargon
- Experience of building professional relationships with clients
- Flexible working hours
- Annual Training budget
- Perkbox membership
- Contribution towards mobile phone expenses
- 3% company contribution to pension
- 23 days annual leave PA