Assistant Accountant - with Construction & CIS
My client is looking for someone who is a highly numerate and effective Assistant Accountant - with Construction & CIS to support the finance team.
This exciting new role reports directly into the Head of Finance. The successful candidate will be an all-rounder, with exposure to QuickBooks accounting software and hands on experience of the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions as well as assisting with the monthly Management Accounts preparation, Cashbook and Balance Sheet reconciliations.
This is a unique opportunity to join the Accountancy team of a very reputable, well capitalised, luxurious property investment, development & interior design firm based in London's West End.
As the Assistant Accountant - with Construction & CIS your duties will include:
- Sales and purchase ledger invoice processing
- Journal preparation and posting, including prepayments and accruals
- Weekly/monthly bank reconciliations
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Assist with the production of the monthly management accounts
- Ad hoc analysis tasks
As the Assistant Accountant - with Construction & CIS you will:
- Have worked in the construction industry
- Ideally have used QuickBooks (not essential)
- Have worked with CIS
- Be working towards AAT/ACCA/CIMA qualification
- Have experience of month end reporting, ideally up to Trial Balance
£28,000 - £33,000 + Benefits