Credit Controller (travel)
An exciting opportunity to join a travel company on an ongoing temoprary basis in Central London. This is a new role and we are looking for someone to be responsible for UK and international clients accounts with a combined yearly turnover in excess of EUR 70M. You would need to be able to chase clients to ensure they pay within agreed terms and be able to produce client statements on a weekly, bimonthly and monthly basis.
The client are an international travel company who are looking for a Credit Controller (temporary). The company are based in Central London.
Responsibilities of the Credit Controller (temporary) are as follows:
- Following up on unpaid invoices and resolving disputes.
- Issuing invoices and credit notes.
- Building strong relationships with clients.
- Preparing allocations and sending them to the banking team to be processed.
- Informing Sales ledger of updates to client records and ensuring that shared department documents and spreadsheets are updated.
- Communicating with Sales ledger to create new accounts and liaising with clients and the sales team to obtain security.
- Ensuring Bank Guarantees are issued according to company criteria and also renewed on time.
- Liaising with Voxnel to set up new clients and resolve any queries with electronic invoicing.
- Preparation of bad debt report and year-end write offs of small disputes.
- Monthly reporting to Sales team and Credit Manager of late payers and trading accounts in excess of their credit limit.
The successful Credit Controller (temporary) will have the following:
- Previous experience working as a credit controller in a similar role.
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills coupled with professional telephone manner.
- Good knowledge of the MS Office Applications.
- An organised individual who is able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a team or on their own.
The successful Credit Controller from the travel industry will be paid on an hourly rate, depending on experience. The role is on going to see how much of an impact it has on their debtors.
Please do not apply if you cannot commute to Central London.