Senior Management Accountant
The finance team is expanding and is looking for two Senior Management Accountants. The role holder is responsible for the controlled throughput of accounting information from various source within the various trading entities that comprise the Holland & Barrett International group for management accounts. You will be responsible for the compilation; analysis and reporting aligned with the above. Additional the role holders will be expected to undertake and perform query resolution for internal stakeholders both domestically and internationally. This role holder will be responsible for the integrity of accounting information, the application of company accounting policy, and ensure relevant stakeholders are appropriately versed in detail emanating from accounting reports prepared.
- Manage the throughput of accounting information from sources including (but not limited to) payroll, accounts payable, sales and banking
- Manage the relevant internal controls to ensure the accuracy or the compilation, reporting and analysis of various accounting information
- Produce monthly financial and non–financial reports relevant to business needs
- Ensure the appropriate company accounting policies are adopted and applied to both the management and statutory accounts (as applicable)
- Ensure the integrity of the compilation of all management accounting reports
- Act as accounts liaison for internal stakeholders specific to the activities performed
- Support technical accounting query resolutions as prompted by the business
- Support the process to reconcile profit and loss accounts as produced by the management reporting accountants and coordinate subsequent investigations accordingly
- Identify, test, implement and document improvements and enhancements to existing processes
- Provide support to the head of financial reporting on ad–hoc projects as required
- Support the development of an internal control framework to ensure data accuracy and integrity
- Supervise and take action as appropriate to ensure the quality of output of the management accounting team aligned with business needs
- Act as a mentor to individuals undertaking their accounting qualifications and contribute to finance wide initiatives to train and develop individuals
- Through automation or via a systematic approach identify opportunities to enhance the efficiency of the compilation of accounting information and/or production of management information
- Ensure all updated company accounting policies are appropriately adopted
- Embrace changes in Accounting Information Systems to enhance financial accounting reporting processes and the management accounting reporting control environment
- Through stakeholder liaison and internal networks monitor, analyse and report internal control breaches
- ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW Qualified Accountant or equivalent
- An eye for detail, commercially minded and passionate about adding value
- Ability to work in a high pressured ever evolving environment
- Must be able to multi–task, manage several deliverables simultaneously, work independently and be extremely flexible in order to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Strong leadership skills, with experience in a multi–site / multi–channel retail business
- Strong supervisory skills including communication, coordination and employee development
- Advanced Excel
- Oracle experience would be an advantage
- Intermediate Microsoft Office, Word and PowerPoint
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation's most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go???