An Assistant Accountant to support the Finance Manager with a wide range of duties. Reconciliations through to Management Accounting, this is a highly fluid role where you can progress at a rate of your choosing.
This company is based on Milton Park and has significant on site parking. They are by far and a way the most recognisable brand within their industry and they have a premium reputation, worldwide.
The team is made up of a UK Finance Manager, Assistant Accountant (You) and then two Accounts Assistants, it is a highly supportive and fun environment to work in, having partnered with this client numerous times we know first hand what a great place it is to work through continuous feedback.
Your line manager is very keen to show any applicant that there are opportunities within the company and you are able to progress, even to the point of taking the Finance Manager role in the future.
The key responsibilties for the Didcot based Assistant Accountant are:
- Day-to-day accounting for our UK and our Ireland entity, including but not limited to:
- Submittal of Accounts Receivable invoices.
- Follow up and management of receivables and collections.
- Collection, coding, getting approvals for all Accounts Payable invoices. Contact and follow up with vendors as needed.
- Preparation of correcting Journal Entries, accruals and account analysis.
- Work with the EMEA CFO and Headquarters' Finance and Accounting team in the US on all accounting issues relating to the UK and Ireland.
- Together with key personnel being responsible for all cash controls at events, including cash and credit card receipts for on-site sales.
- Understand business processes and work together with the individual directors on analyzing planning procedures, processes and profitability around the individual events.
- Supporting with the production of month end accounting
- Ensuring compliance of accounting policies according to internal guidelines, US GAAP and British as well as Irish law.
The ideal Assistant Accountant will be able to show:
- Minimum of 1-2 years relevant experience in bookkeeping / financial management.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be extremely diligent about working with international colleagues at all levels and ensuring that deadlines are met at all times.
- Ability to manage diversity in job responsibilities with precision and accuracy in work.
- Must be hands on, able to multi-task and show proper level of time management
- Excellent skills in MS Office and Finance applications.
The Didcot based Assistant Accountant will come with:
- Competitive salary, in the region of £27,000.
- Study Support
- Option to Travel internationally with the company