An exciting opportunity for an experienced finance professional to continue to develop their knowledge and skill-set within this fast paced Engineering firm based in Cambridge as a Project Accountant. Within this role the Project Accountant will be responsible for assisting the project teams with the finances, focused largely around budget and forecasting with teams across the business.
An exciting Engineering firm based in the heart of Cambridge, who operating out of state of the art offices provide a fast paced and challenging work environment which is hugely rewarding and will make a fantastic career step. Alongside this, the finance team are tight knit and driven and with a number of hugely experienced members provide an excellent base to learn from.
The Project Accountant will be responsible for:
- Establishing significant projects to be set up by the business
- Maintain the monitoring of the financial management systems and their performance
- Preparing of operation analysis, budget and forecasts
- Bank and balance sheet reconciliations for the overseas entities
- Producing reports on actual spend versus the budget
- Assisting with project audits
- Prepare and upload detailed and accurate journals
The successful Project Accountant will be:
- AAT qualified or CIMA/ACCA part qualified
- Confident user of Excel capable of V Lookups, Pivot Tables and Bank reconciliations
- Confident in building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
- Ambitious, with a desire to grow, learn and develop within the business
- Keen on personal as well as team success
- Capable of international travel if needed for project purposes
The successful Project Accountant will be making a fantastic career move to this growing and internationally recognised Engineering business, operating from state of the art facilities in Cambridge. The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary alongside a wide ranging benefits package, including study support.